Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
Alternate POM Judge

Default January 2015 Photo of the month winners

Congratulations havalotta for a really cool photo of plants in a winter garden.

And second place goes to rockerBOO for a cool photo of fungi on a log.

Thank you all for the photos you submitted. Great job.
Attached Thumbnails
January 2015 Photo of the month winners-jan20151.jpg   January 2015 Photo of the month winners-jan20152.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Beautiful shot of the wintering flowers hava! And lovely monochromatic scheme with the fungi, boo!

Congratulations!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:39 AM   #3
Offical Silphium Abuser

Great shots!

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:42 AM   #4
Alternate POM Judge

Hey Sage, Are you ready to be Photo judge again or would you like me to continue?
Old 02-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
Unicellular Fungi

Thanks for very nice photos capturing the beauty of the season.
back40bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Wow....Now that's a switch.
I haven't won a P.O.M since 2012

Thank you.....A real nice surprise!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #7
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Congrats you guys! It's so hard for me to get inspired in these dark days of January and February so I don't normally take my camera out.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #8
Heron

Very nice photos, y'all! Congrats to you both!!

Hava, can you please email me a high resolution copy of your winning photo? You can send it to kchd1030 at gmail dot com.

RockerBOO, can you please email me your photo as well?

Thanks!!
Katie
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #9
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchd View Post

Hava, can you please email me a high resolution copy of your winning photo? You can send it to kchd1030 at gmail dot com.
I can't...
There isn't a way of sending it through W.G.'s private area (No photo clip) and my hotmail went poof waaaaay back this past Spring when they had wanted us to reset access codes for our protection. I lost it without the help of our son resetting things he had set up for us.
ALL of my E-mail contacts, including my best buds from W.G. were lost.

I'm unsure of what's meant by a high resolution copy. My photo is as it was taken...no adjustments or sizing were made to it previous to its entry.

If you click upon it twice to enlarge it, shrink your screen to half size, then drag it onto your desktop or into a folder wouldn't it still be as it was originally? That is how I save images (to set into a frame-border) before re-entering them into the "Wall of fame"

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #10
Fox

pawprint techNoloGies#

Hey havalotta, does the original picture on your computer, resemble the same picture that you won with? The reason I ask is that your picture (lovely as it is!) when I download a copy of the picture, it ends up at my computer being only 80kb in size. Which is a great size for the POM contest, here on the internet...but, I think kchd would like for you to determine if your original picture (on your computer) is of larger size...maybe 250 kb, or maybe 800 kb, or perhaps as high as 1.5 mb in size. As you are probably well aware, WG automatically downsizes most pictures, to make the web-thing work better. (I sound real technical there didn't I?) hahahaa

You can determine the 'size' of your original picture on your computer, by finding the picture in your folder, and before you click on your picture to open it into a program, just try hovering your mouse pointer over the picture thumbnail, often a little 'description' will show up and that will probably indicate the actual kb (size) of your original picture.

If hovering doesn't reveal your actual picture size, then you might try (from your computer) Right-clicking on your picture and a menu should appear, from there look for the word 'properties' and click 'properties'...this should open up a little window with all the properties of that particular picture. And if it opens to the general tab, it should show the actual size of your picture in kb, or mb. Your picture might be 80,000 bytes, or it might be 800,000 bites---this why we often use kb or mb which stands for kilo bytes kb or milli bytes mb.

Now for the fun part, did you know you have a little time, if your picture is on your computer, and it's original picture is much larger than the one you posted to the contest. It will be many months before kchd is ready to create a new POM calender for 2015, so this will give you plenty of time to get your son's email involved. LOL or whatever!

But if your original picture (on your computer) is only 80.4 kb, then you should affirm that fact with kchd...right here at WG!

Now that should be as clear as mud. But if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask again!

ww

ps. Bytheway...WG doesn't support pictures in their email, which is a good way for us all to stay out of trouble, this is the internet yanno.

Tags
2015, january, month, photo, winners