Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
All right!
Since Dapjwy's so kind-heartedly gave his winnings to another, I've chosen to present to him a certificate to remember his win.
Attachment 39801
Attachment 39802

Attachment 39803
It's visual
Thank you, havalotta. Very nice. I'm shocked how much better the photo looks set into a background. I appreciate the thought, the time it took to make it, and the certificate. ~smile~

I normally log on to a different page on WG, but lately, it opens to the index page, which has my bluebird phot. I can't help but smile when I see it. Now I understand the phrase "bluebird of happiness". It really is a cheerful looking bird. Again, set in a border and framed by the background color, it looks better to me. I wonder, if I ever get it printed and framed, if I should mat it. Are photographs normally matted?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
Fox

pawprint runners-up get a certificate too---kind of

Ok well not really a certificate...hahaha, more like a song! So because our havalotta is normally in charge of such certificates...it is only right she at least gets a song to frame her excellent entry in the POM with.

So I won't infringe on JD's copywrites, but I have this link for the song: Sunshine John Denver Mp3 Download

and another link...just for fun http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rHRY-DqtLJ...00/mensup1.jpg

ww
Old 12-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #23
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Thank you Dapjwy
Certificates are an enjoyable challenge.
That one took me a while. It seemed in need of a titch of something to set it off. After toying with several options, I came up with entering yet another (bit larger version of your photo) behind things. It worked!

Wild one
Awe....You are something. Thank you.
Denver's playing softly in the background whilst I sit here enjoying all of my "Beautiful" sparkling Christmas decorations..............

STILL sitting in their box's.
Time to get cracking....Eggs that is and lining up the recipes to make a list of the goods needed to purchase. Kids due home any day now!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #24
Fox

~~~~smilllllleeeeeesss~~~~ glad you like.

ww
Old 12-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #25
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Certificates are an enjoyable challenge.
That one took me a while. It seemed in need of a titch of something to set it off. After toying with several options, I came up with entering yet another (bit larger version of your photo) behind things. It worked!
Clever. Good idea.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, november, pom, winner