Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #31
Official Plant Nerd

More gourds..... they're freeeeee this month!!!
--
Dappy> I was wearing my thick jeans..... a sweater and a hooded sweatshirt under my heavier jacket and was still cold once the sun started setting so no way was I chugging cold pop!!!
--
You might want to hold off adding The Cape to your list. There's some "issues" there. We'll get around to starting a thread on it and then you can decide if you still want to add it to your list or not. The company was GREAT.... we had fun there just the 3 of us but.... that site isn't the jewel it once was.
Attached Thumbnails
~October 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_3872.jpg   ~October 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_3873.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #32
Official Plant Nerd

I finally made my way through almost 900 photos of our "visits".... I deleted around 1/3rd of everything I took then started cropping the rest and found a few surprises I can add.... since.... I REALLY want a shot at that book rcwarship contributed as a prize!!!! I know I posted a photo of the ittie bittie salamander on my finger from before we left on our trip and that pumpkins and gourds are free so that leaves me only 4 photos I can add. Bummer. I had a hard time picking out of this batch but I think I'm gonna submit the 1st photo taken at Hickory Run as my 2nd entry for this month. The others I'm adding just because it was tough picking which 1 was the best in my mind.... especially the photo of the roots which turned out surprisingly well considering I found out I'd knocked my dial off automatic setting for like almost all of Nelson-Kennedy Ledges State Park in OH.
Attached Thumbnails
~October 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_3290v.jpg   ~October 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_3775.jpg   ~October 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_3662.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #33
Official Plant Nerd

And.... ta da.... my 3rd photo entry for this month from inside the shut down Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~October 2013 POM Entry Thread~-ottawa-national-wildlife-refuge.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #34
Official Plant Nerd

My 4th and 5th entries.... 1st photo was taken at Cape May and the 2nd photo was taken at Sauder Village.
Attached Thumbnails
~October 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_3488.jpg   ~October 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_3918.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
Alternate POM Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
Me too...makes me want to go to the beach again--it has been a while. We'll have to add Cape May to our list.
Hey equil said she had some issues with cape may. Cape henlopen park at the Delaware beaches is nice...and pretty close to me

Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, Delaware
EllenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #36
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenW View Post
Hey equil said she had some issues with cape may. Cape henlopen park at the Delaware beaches is nice...and pretty close to me

Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, Delaware
What kind of issues?

Thanks for the suggestion. We have been meaning to get back to Delaware...last time we went, we drove from Western PA...so, I'm guessing we are a bit closer now.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
You might want to hold off adding The Cape to your list. There's some "issues" there...that site isn't the jewel it once was.
That is sad.

I just read from Ellen that you had issues. I'll look for the thread you start.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 10-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #38

Nice photos--oh and nice gourds (I forgot to mention that in my other reply.)

Quote:
...the photo of the roots which turned out surprisingly well considering I found out I'd knocked my dial off automatic setting for like almost all of Nelson-Kennedy Ledges State Park in OH.
Nelson's Ledges! I was there as a kid and then Jeff and I went back years ago.

Bummer about the camera settings...I'm glad you got some good photos despite that.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #39

Quote:
And.... ta da.... my 3rd photo entry for this month from inside the shut down Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge!!!
Wowzers! That is a great shot!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #40

Quote:
My 4th and 5th entries.... 1st photo was taken at Cape May and the 2nd photo was taken at Sauder Village.
You out did yourself this month, Lib.

Great to see a monarch--or is that another viceroy?

Tags
2013, entry, october, pom, thread