Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #11
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Lovely photos MILTA!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
Fox

thistle Hey milta~~~

~September 2013 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-splitter-006.jpg2 plants, I think I found a match to your Northern Blazingstar!~September 2013 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-splitter-007.jpg Which is kind of exciting for me, cuz if this is the same thing, what the heck is it doing wayyyyyyy down here in AR?

I didn't buy seed or plant it yanno, it just came up on it's own this year, and it may have been here in years past but I didn't see it. Since wildflowers are freebies I'm going to include some pixs, I think the other is Boneset.~September 2013 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-splitter-008.jpg

ww
Old 09-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #13
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

It is Sept 30 and there is an amazing paucity of photos here. The ones here are totally awesome, but didn't the rest of the group use their cameras this month?
Attached Thumbnails
~September 2013 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-ruby-throated-hummingbird-female-resting.jpg   ~September 2013 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-eatern-phoebe-sept-2013.jpg   ~September 2013 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-red-spotted-purple-cat-last-instar-side-view-willow.jpg   ~September 2013 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-tussock-moth-cat-idd-willow-1a.jpg  

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

WGers are typically last minute entrants! This POM will close by Saturday night, but photos must have been taken in September. Last chance to be declared a winner!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

MrILoveTheAnts,

I wish I were seeing more flowers and more butterflies like you have--I saw the tiger swallowtails earlier in the year, but I have almost no butterflies visiting my asters this fall--just a skipper or two. Nice to see you are getting visitors to your flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Attachment 38290
Ti's one of my more favored area come fall.
Lookin' good! Seems fall is just getting started in your pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwatcher View Post
I think I found a match to your Northern Blazingstar...if this is the same thing, what the heck is it doing wayyyyyyy down here in AR?
I'm no expert on Liatris, but I think they do have a wide range. It is nice to get freebies, isnt't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turttle View Post
It is Sept 30 and there is an amazing paucity of photos here. The ones here are totally awesome, but didn't the rest of the group use their cameras this month?
~smile~ True, way too few with only a few days to go!

I seem to be behind on everything this year! I've barely posted to my blog, never got around to adding to the "What's Blooming" thread, and, if I even took anything worthy of entering this month, I doubt I'll look through what I took to see. Hopefully, more will post in the next four days. If not, at least you all did your part.

Great additions, by the way. I love the phoebe--and great, interesting angles for your caterpillars.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Thanks, dap. You have a great excuse - you are about to be invaded by a horde of WGs!

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Thanks, dap. You have a great excuse - you are about to be invaded by a horde of WGs!
LOL...I do think that has been affecting me.

But....shhh, don't tell anyone, I've made very little progress--too many obstacles keep popping up. If we don't make a HUGE dent in the "to do" list this weekend, we are screwed!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

If it were me, I would bode far better if it came up spur of the moment, than to have the pressure building daily all summer! Spur of the moment = no time for anticipation or anxiety!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #19
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwatcher View Post
Attachment 383152 plants, I think I found a match to your Northern Blazingstar!Attachment 38316 Which is kind of exciting for me, cuz if this is the same thing, what the heck is it doing wayyyyyyy down here in AR?

ww
WW, you live pretty close to me. We have native populations of Liatris aspera and Liatris pyncnostachya around here. I just found some blooming L. aspera this week on the Tombigbee N.F. I think that may be what you have as well. Don't you just love finding those volunteers?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #20
Heron

Quote:
Oh, turttle, your tussock moth pillar photo is phenomenal. By far my favorite photo this month!

Tags
2013, entry, month, photo, pom, september, thread