Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #41
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Viceroy, that picture is stunning!
River, welcome aboard! Nice to see new members joining in.

I'm sure you will find many like-minded folk here. We look forward to hearing what you have to share.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
There's plenty of beauty among what some may perceive as gloom.
The surrounding play of the sunflower he's within...Its maroon crest mimick the tones of the dogwood and beyond.
I found my eyes drawn to the red twig dogwood too...and then I caught the color on the finches head. Smile.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #43

Quote:
The last Showy Milkweed seed in my yard. I thought I would capture it before it finally detaches.
Very nice!

I don't have showy milkweed. So far I only have butterfly weed, swamp milkweed, and common milkweed.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #44
Unicellular Fungi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
River, welcome aboard! Nice to see new members joining in.

I'm sure you will find many like-minded folk here. We look forward to hearing what you have to share.
Thanks for the welcome! I have been a member since 2011 in terms of "membership" but have not really gotten involved posting (I have been working on a Master's degree). I read a forum post this morning and decided I want to spend more time here with like minded people, and this seemed like a fun way to get started!

Again, thanks for the comments! I like the composition on the sunflower picture too, and just wish I would have had it in better focus for that shot. Then I think the red on the fich would have popped against the Oregon Grape.
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #45
1st Place Winner DIY Catchall Contest

Quote:
Viceroy, that picture is stunning!
Thanks River, glad you enjoyed it.
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #46

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome! I have been a member since 2011 in terms of "membership" but have not really gotten involved posting (I have been working on a Master's degree). I read a forum post this morning and decided I want to spend more time here with like minded people, and this seemed like a fun way to get started!
I glanced at your member page, but didn't realize you joined a while ago. It was the first I remembered seeing you post, hence the welcome (which still stands by the way). I'm glad you found a fun way to get started.

Good luck on your Master's degree. You know what they say "All work and no play..."...so I hope you'll find time to explore and participate some more.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #47
Fox

Thanks for the comments on the fogbow and the welcome backs. Ya'll are correct...it's been a little while.
MaggyNoLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #48
Official Plant Nerd

Here's a photo I took from through my car window.... like every year.... there are tens of thousands of them. It's not the greatest photo but the snow we had melted about a week ago when we had a streak of weather in the mid 30's.
--
River> EXCELLENT seed photo!!! What with Maggy's fog photo and now your seed photo.... I'm like totally screwed!!! I'm thinking my chances of getting that book are like zip nadda nothing. Woe is me.... boo hoooooo. Great username BTW!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~JANUARY 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_2108.jpg  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #49
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
I'm like totally screwed!!! I'm thinking my chances of getting that book are like zip nadda nothing. Woe is me.... boo hoooooo.
Goody, goody, gumdrops..
Giving up with but a single entry will give us all a better chance at winning the really cool book! Snicker snicker snort.

EQUILL Slap you aside the head for thinking that way, GET off your tush and make things happen outside the box....outside the box....
outside the chicken coop! I'm still lagging in hopes of fresh snow to play around with an idea in the brewing.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #50
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

I was going to post some photos but got "Internal Server Error". I am hoping WG Admin sees this and takes action....

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, camera, contest, enter, entry, free contest, january, month, open, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photograph, photographer, photography contest, photos, pictures, pom, potm, thread