Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #61
Official Plant Nerd

I've had that problem with mine over batteries too.... I found out there's another really tiny battery in the camera and if it's bad.... you do have to get the date reset every time the other batteries need recharging and who remembers how to do that>>>? I had other problems with mine though too so I don't even want to talk about what I've spent sending my camera out trying to fix my time and date stamp. Right now.... mine's working though. Next time it goes.... it's time for me to buy a new camera!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #62
Official Plant Nerd

OMG.... this IS the POM thread!!! Duh!!! I've got this month's winner but.... you'll have to wait to see who it is!!! 1st off.... I want to list how I would've picked before showing the real winner and runner up only because I found it totally interesting how my picks differed so wildly from my husband and kids' picks which.... I had them rate on a 1-5 scale then totalled up the points with the photo with the most being Sage's photo of the month contest winner and the photo with the next highest points being her runner up. Here goes with my picks.... Kildale woulda gotten 1st just for feeding his babies so much that he was able to get in close to get that photo!!! I'm jealous he gets his babies to eat out of his hand!!! turttle woulda been 2nd.... I've got a "thang" for bees.... no bias there!!! Sage woulda come in 3rd with her "red" thang!!! There was something about that photo that just screamed "cool" to me. The honorable mentions for me woulda been Viceroy's frog.... I've got a "thang" for frogs and his was too cute just hanging in saying "hi" and hava's squirrel.... I've got a "thang" for squirrels too!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~NOVEMBER 2012 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-photographer.jpg   ~NOVEMBER 2012 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-yellow-jacket-hoverfly-milesia-virginiensis-climbing-aster-nov-23-web.jpg   ~NOVEMBER 2012 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-p1160799.jpg   ~NOVEMBER 2012 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-img_0885.jpg   ~NOVEMBER 2012 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-dscf1744.jpg  

Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #63
Official Plant Nerd

And.... drum roll please!!!! Sage's photo of the month winner for November is.... havalotta!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~NOVEMBER 2012 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-dscf1081.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #64
Official Plant Nerd

And.... the runner up is.... Sage!!!! Ha ha ha.... she was the runner up in her own contest!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~NOVEMBER 2012 Photo of the Month Entry thread~-p1320487milkweedpods.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #65
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Congratulations, havalotta! Excellent detail on your winning shot!

My milkweed pod was runner up? Lib, I just threw them in there for fun, not entries! It's been so long since I could enter! But thanks, Lib's kids!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #66
Fox

Good going everyone, some really nice entries & winner! I thought the judging was well done also.

ww
wildwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #67
The Bug Whisperer

Congrats to Havalotta and Sage!!!!

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #68
Offical Silphium Abuser

All beautiful pictures

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #69
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Congratulations, ladies!

...and a thank you to Equilibrium for giving Sage a break by taking on this daunting task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
...I found it totally interesting how my picks differed so wildly from my husband and kids' picks...
I'm sure in most every contest, individual member's "picks" would vary wildly as to who they expect to win (even if it is just a passing thought without going through any kind of official rating system). We've always said it must be so hard to choose and how does one make that final decision. Now you got a taste of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
...Sage('s) "red" thang...just screamed "cool" to me.
That photo spoke to me too. I happen to love seeing what tends to grow in and among rocks in more harsh environements. ...It also reminded me of my dad's rock garden plants.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~

Last edited by dapjwy; 12-08-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: fixing grammar for clarity
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #70
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

That red thang called to me which is why I shot it, but last night while finishing my weeks-long task of tagging, reorganizing, backing up and deleting over 50,000 photos, I discovered it was not from November at all! Yikes!

At least I've regained over half of my main drive's space!!! It had been just a slice of the pie chart! Now I'm all cleaned up for 2013!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, entry, month, november, photo, thread