Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #11
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Nice capture of the frog Dapjwy.
Lowering yourself brought the viewer right down alongside him.
Congratulations!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #12
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

And a "Thank you" to Sage for deeming my shed runner up!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #13
Official Plant Nerd

I must have good taste because.... I STOLE Dappy's frog and cropped it and made it desktop wall paper for my laptop!!!! I liked all the winners.... his just made the best eye candy for my laptop!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #14
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Nice capture of the frog Dapjwy.
Lowering yourself brought the viewer right down alongside him.
Congratulations!
Thanks havalotta. There are advantages to where I put the pond (near the top of a slope)...and instead of trying to remedy it, I've decided to utilize it. I plan to make it look as natural as possible, but also allow me access to the ponds edge from the slope end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I must have good taste because.... I STOLE Dappy's frog and cropped it and made it desktop wall paper for my laptop!!!! I liked all the winners.... his just made the best eye candy for my laptop!!!
~smile~ Jeff surprised me by making it his desktop background (but he was kind enough not to crop it )...he told me it's his favorite photo of mine! This is the first time he's done that!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Happy day dap!!! Nice frog, nice background, nice compostion. And especially because it was all due to your hard work! Kudos!!!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
Heron

Congratulations dapjwy! And congrats to the runners-up, too!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
Happy day dap!!! Nice frog, nice background, nice compostion. And especially because it was all due to your hard work! Kudos!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeWonderful View Post
Congratulations dapjwy! And congrats to the runners-up, too!
Thank you both.

Ya know, knowing that the water feature I'm creating not only attracted them but provided me with an attractive photo does make it all that much sweeter. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #18
Official Plant Nerd

Dappy> "Jeff surprised me by making it his desktop background (but he was kind enough not to crop it" He must be a nicer person than me who's not as self serving!!!! I cropped what I stole!!!! I have a 16" wide screen on this laptop and I wanted the froggie the center of attention over on the right since my shortcuts are over on the left.... I'll have to take a photo of my desktop with the 10 or so icons I've got so you can see what I mean. Anywhooo.... I wanted it fitting "just right" so I could get the biggest bang for YOUR buck!!! Thank you thank you thank you for my new eye candy!!! Herre's how I cropped it so I could see the frog and its reflection the best.
Attached Thumbnails
~AUGUST 2012 POM Winner is...-dapjwy-812.jpg  
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Dappy> "Jeff surprised me by making it his desktop background (but he was kind enough not to crop it" He must be a nicer person than me who's not as self serving!!!! I cropped what I stole!!!! I have a 16" wide screen on this laptop and I wanted the froggie the center of attention over on the right since my shortcuts are over on the left.... I'll have to take a photo of my desktop with the 10 or so icons I've got so you can see what I mean. Anywhooo.... I wanted it fitting "just right" so I could get the biggest bang for YOUR buck!!! Thank you thank you thank you for my new eye candy!!! Herre's how I cropped it so I could see the frog and its reflection the best.
You did a good job of cropping it and had a good reason.

I'm glad it makes you so happy. ~smile~
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #20
Official Plant Nerd

Ya.... it made me really happy!!! I've had to use my laptop for the last week or so and it was fun booting up and seeing the froggie.

Tags
2012, august, camera, cicada, contest, entries, entry, insects, month, nature, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photo of the month, photographer, photographs, photography, pics, pictures, plants, pom, potm, turtle, winner, winners