Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Default ~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~

The September 2012 Photo of the Month Contest is now open!

Not only is the landscape changing, you may be harvesting the fruits of your labors, seeing the green hues of summer change to the vibrant autumn palette, but you will also receive a prize! The beautifully handcrafted apple gourd birdhouse, from havalotta, Equilibrium and BooBooBearBecky, which they created on a recent get-together! Thank you!

~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-dscf5974septcontestprize.jpg
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

I know this doesn't look like much but I've got high hopes for it. This is some sort of a funnel spider that built its web on the latch to my outer chicken coop door. I've been very careful opening and closing the door for a month so I don't mess the little guy up. I'm gonna get a photo of this spider for this contest if I have to sit out there in a lawn chair waiting for him!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-img_0227.jpg  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #3

You go, girl! And you can delete any you want to replace when you get your best shot! LOL!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
...you can delete any you want to replace when you get your best shot!
Yeah, like the one above. ~wink~
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Official Plant Nerd

Ha ha ha.... it was a sucky photo. I know... I'm not entering that photo or this photo which is sucky too but... I'm getting a little closer to catching the little guy!!! It's just that he dodges back under the trim so darn fast I hardly get a chance to get the camera in the right position. I've got a clear shot to him straight down the funnel if he'd just be a tad bit more cooperative!!! BTW.... I missed some really good damselfly shots screwing around waiting for Mr. Spidey!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-img_0258.jpg  
Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #6

See how intriguing the little spiders can be? I'm trying desperately to get decent shots of some that got into our building on a rare rainy day last week before any less spidey-compassionate residents have a different idea.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Ha ha ha.... it was a sucky photo. I know... I'm not entering that photo...
I knew it wasn't an entry, that is the only reason I was teasing you.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 09-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
Official Plant Nerd

My feelings are too hurt to even post.... I'm close to tears. I was just being modest when I said I wasn't entering the photo.... I really thought that 1st photo was a shoe in and was sooooo good everyone here would beg me to enter it.... ohhhhhhhh woe is me. Juuuuuuust kidding.... I am gonna get me that spidey photo though!!! Just you wait and see!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
My feelings are too hurt to even post.... I'm close to tears. I was just being modest when I said I wasn't entering the photo.... I really thought that 1st photo was a shoe in and was sooooo good everyone here would beg me to enter it.... ohhhhhhhh woe is me. Juuuuuuust kidding.... I am gonna get me that spidey photo though!!! Just you wait and see!!!
...I know you will. I saw your pictures in another thread...and if that is the best you get, it is worth entering, but knowing you, you'll keep trying until you get the "perfect" shot.

Now dry your tears and post all you want.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
Official Plant Nerd

I went out to lock up the goils and.... Mr. Spidey was all the way out. Too bad it was too dark to do anything. I think this is the way it's gonna go until like October 1st. You can take it to the bank that'll be the day I get the perfect shot of Mr. Spidey.

Tags
2012, camera, contest, enter, entry, free contest, month, open, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photograph, photographer, photography contest, photos, pictures, pom, potm, september, thread