Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Photo of the Month (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/photo-month/)
-   -   ~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~ (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/photo-month/10771-september-2012-pom-entry-thread.html)

Sage 09-01-2012 12:55 PM

~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~

1 Attachment(s)
The September 2012 Photo of the Month Contest is now open!

Not only is the landscape changing, you may be harvesting the fruits of your labors, seeing the green hues of summer change to the vibrant autumn palette, but you will also receive a prize! The beautifully handcrafted apple gourd birdhouse, from havalotta, Equilibrium and BooBooBearBecky, which they created on a recent get-together! Thank you!

Attachment 31957

Equilibrium 09-02-2012 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this doesn't look like much but I've got high hopes for it. This is some sort of a funnel spider that built its web on the latch to my outer chicken coop door. I've been very careful opening and closing the door for a month so I don't mess the little guy up. I'm gonna get a photo of this spider for this contest if I have to sit out there in a lawn chair waiting for him!!!

Sage 09-02-2012 03:47 PM

You go, girl! And you can delete any you want to replace when you get your best shot! LOL!

dapjwy 09-02-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 119928)
...you can delete any you want to replace when you get your best shot!

Yeah, like the one above. ~wink~

Equilibrium 09-02-2012 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha ha ha.... it was a sucky photo. I know... I'm not entering that photo or this photo which is sucky too but... I'm getting a little closer to catching the little guy!!! It's just that he dodges back under the trim so darn fast I hardly get a chance to get the camera in the right position. I've got a clear shot to him straight down the funnel if he'd just be a tad bit more cooperative!!! BTW.... I missed some really good damselfly shots screwing around waiting for Mr. Spidey!!!!

Sage 09-02-2012 06:22 PM

See how intriguing the little spiders can be? I'm trying desperately to get decent shots of some that got into our building on a rare rainy day last week before any less spidey-compassionate residents have a different idea.

dapjwy 09-02-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilibrium (Post 119932)
Ha ha ha.... it was a sucky photo. I know... I'm not entering that photo...

I knew it wasn't an entry, that is the only reason I was teasing you. :)

Equilibrium 09-02-2012 07:02 PM

My feelings are too hurt to even post.... I'm close to tears. I was just being modest when I said I wasn't entering the photo.... I really thought that 1st photo was a shoe in and was sooooo good everyone here would beg me to enter it.... ohhhhhhhh woe is me. Juuuuuuust kidding.... I am gonna get me that spidey photo though!!! Just you wait and see!!!

dapjwy 09-02-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilibrium (Post 119948)
My feelings are too hurt to even post.... I'm close to tears. I was just being modest when I said I wasn't entering the photo.... I really thought that 1st photo was a shoe in and was sooooo good everyone here would beg me to enter it.... ohhhhhhhh woe is me. Juuuuuuust kidding.... I am gonna get me that spidey photo though!!! Just you wait and see!!!

...I know you will. I saw your pictures in another thread...and if that is the best you get, it is worth entering, but knowing you, you'll keep trying until you get the "perfect" shot. :)

Now dry your tears and post all you want. ;)

Equilibrium 09-02-2012 07:50 PM

I went out to lock up the goils and.... Mr. Spidey was all the way out. Too bad it was too dark to do anything. I think this is the way it's gonna go until like October 1st. You can take it to the bank that'll be the day I get the perfect shot of Mr. Spidey.