Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #51
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I LIKE that!
Makes you wonder just how many..........walked right on by without taking any notice of the activity surrounding that interesting find.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #52
The Bug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Oooooo Ahhhhhh Whatever IS that second one???
Jellyfish - about 9" in diameter.

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #53
The Bug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
I LIKE that!
Makes you wonder just how many..........walked right on by without taking any notice of the activity surrounding that interesting find.
That little piece (about 4" x 10") of wood obviously has had a long and interesting history...

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #54
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Keep posting your September shots until Oct 5th! I won't be be collecting the contenders til the sixth at least! I hope to see some new members joining in too! Don't forget, there is a beautiful prize this month too!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #55
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by suunto View Post
Here goes nothing...
Very nice, one and all.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by suunto View Post
And one more...
All of yours have an artistic feel...five different styles of art, it seems to me. This one seems a bit more abstract.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 10-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #57
Official Plant Nerd

Oh oh oh.... I've got 1 I really like taken at Laurel Hill State Park in Pennsylvania!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-img_0382.jpg  
Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Oh oh oh.... I've got 1 I really like taken Laurel Hill State Park in Pennsylvania!!!
Welcome back, Lib.

Nice photo from my old stompin' grounds. I'm not sure I've been to that particular park, but I wish I'd thought to suggest you go to the bog at the top of Linn Run State park...in the Laurel highlands. I know you have an affinity towards bogs.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #59
Official Plant Nerd

I'm home.... I'm tired!!! I went through and started cleaning up photos and deleting the sucky 1s... I'm about half way through... the laundry can wait!
--
I'm pretty sure I went there!!!! It wasn't that far away from where I took that photo. Only problem was my camera.... the 1 that I've sent in for repairs a few times gave out on me. It wasn't exactly the camera.... it was the batteries I think. Either the camera is sucking juice or the batteries are old and aren't holding a charge as long as they used to. Here's hoping it's the batteries because they crapped out on me again when Pope was driving us down the Skyline through the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. I was like so bummed. It was getting kinda dark and the sun wasn't exactly cooperating but it still sucked coming home with maybe 10 photos of the Skyline drive. We'd stop and get out and walk around and there I was.... no camera.
--
Speaking of stomping grounds.... you better start a thread somewhere and tell me all the goodies around where you live right now!!! I talked to Hedgerow and both of them are totally game meeting up in your neck of the woods about this time next year. We've got her blessings as long as she can get off work. I do still have to talk to hava about it and haven't had time to do that.... I'm working on it!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I'm home.... I'm tired!!!

...I'm pretty sure I went there!!!! It wasn't that far away from where I took that photo. Only problem was my camera.... Here's hoping it's the batteries because they crapped out on me again when Pope was driving us down the Skyline through the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia.
--
Speaking of stomping grounds.... you better start a thread somewhere and tell me all the goodies around where you live right now!!! I talked to Hedgerow and both of them are totally game meeting up in your neck of the woods about this time next year. We've got her blessings as long as she can get off work. I do still have to talk to hava about it and haven't had time to do that.... I'm working on it!!!
I'm sure you are tired...but I bet you had a blast.

Sorry to hear about your camera. I hope it is the batteries...I remember batteries developing a "memory" and only give up so much of a charge sometimes (unless they've improved them from 20-some years ago).

We drove through Skyline Drive YEARS ago--I'm not even sure I had a digital camera back then. Beautiful place as I remember.

Okay...I'd better start exploring more! It is sad to say that I don't know enough yet about the area to know where all of the "must sees" are. I compare everything to my favorite park in Western PA...nothing here yet compares to the spring wildflowers out there. I do have my favorite local park to start off the list with.

Great! It would be cool to have a WG meet-up! ...but I'd rather do it before school starts--I'd have more free time....but this time of the year might be nice too--most of the few things I'd have blooming are fall bloomers so far. Keep me posted on your plans.

Tags
2012, camera, contest, enter, entry, free contest, month, open, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photograph, photographer, photography contest, photos, pictures, pom, potm, september, thread