Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

If Susie spider comes out at night, try flash. If you can, set your flash to a very low setting which will work better for close-ups or macros.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #12
Official Plant Nerd

You're kidding right>>>? Set my flash to low.... I only know how to lift up the flash... I had no idea it had some sort of a hi-lo setting. That must be in the menu I can never read. I was out there for a bit.... this is the best I got. Little bugger went ***poof*** on me. It was so dark I just ended up aiming the camera in the direction I thought he might be. Sage.... I gave it my all.... gimmie cookies.
Attached Thumbnails
~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-img_0263.jpg  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #13

***cookies!***
That flash seemed fine, but until you find flash settings, you can hang a tissue over the flash to soften the effect. What kind of camera are you using currently?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #14
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
You're kidding right>>>? Set my flash to low.... I only know how to lift up the flash... I had no idea it had some sort of a hi-lo setting. That must be in the menu I can never read.
Just had a thought...if you can't find setting change or don't have one, could you put wax paper over the flash to see if you could diffuse the light. I've never tried this as it just occurred to me now.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
***cookies!***
That flash seemed fine, but until you find flash settings, you can hang a tissue over the flash to soften the effect. What kind of camera are you using currently?
Smile. Gee, a tissue sounds much easier than my idea...at least I was on the right track.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 09-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #16

Yeh, we almost simulposted!

And Lib, what camera are you using? I'll check it.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Yeh, we almost simulposted!
Yeah...and if I weren't nearly hunting and pecking on the iPad, we probably would've simul-posted.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #18

spider3

Yikes! Lib! Forget using the funnel-web for a subject! At least til you find out if it's deadly! Anti-Venom Running Low For Deadliest Spider
Old 09-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #19
1st Place Winner Winner Butterfly/Moth Contest & Official Ant Man

Black Eyed Susan Field, Praying Mantises Mating, and Camponotus americanus roaming and tending tiny leaf hoppers on a Narrow-Leaf Sunflower.
Attached Thumbnails
~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-blackeyedsusanpatch.jpg   ~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-mantisbang2.jpg   ~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-camponotusamericanussunflower2.jpg   ~SEPTEMBER 2012 POM Entry Thread~-camponotusamericanussunflower.jpg  
MrILoveTheAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrILoveTheAnts View Post
Black Eyed Susan Field, Praying Mantises Mating, and Camponotus americanus roaming and tending tiny leaf hoppers on a Narrow-Leaf Sunflower.
Great shots, MILTA!

It's gonna be another tough one to judge...I can't even decide among your photos.

Tags
2012, camera, contest, enter, entry, free contest, month, open, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photograph, photographer, photography contest, photos, pictures, pom, potm, september, thread