Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #11
Official Plant Nerd

Can somebody like add an arrow or something in linrose's photo and point it to where the hummingbird is? I just can't see it and it's not for lack of trying.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Can somebody like add an arrow or something in linrose's photo and point it to where the hummingbird is? I just can't see it and it's not for lack of trying.
Lib...I *think* the reference to the hummingbird is referring to a separate entry. I believe linrose posted a hummingbird at a feeder.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~

Last edited by dapjwy; 08-11-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: clarifying
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #13
WG Fundraising Coordinator

hummer Hummingbird

Here he is!!!
Attached Thumbnails
~July 2012 POM Winner is...-ruby-throated-hummingbird2.jpg  
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
Here he is!!!
...and more handsome than I remember.

Poor Lib was searching your winning photo in vain, I think.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 08-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
Official Plant Nerd

I'm gonna get my kid and his little dog Toto too and... right after that I'm going for my husband!!! I told that kid I didn't see anything there and I had that photo enlarged full screen. He said, "Mom.... it's so obvious I'm not even gonna point it out to you!" Pillsbury chimes in and says, "You really don't see it? No kidding. We're gonna have to use up money in the flex account so go in and get your vision checked by an opthamologist." What a bunch of chain pullers I live with.
--
linrose> Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice hummer!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Evil co-conspirators in your familiy Lib!!!

I like the little hummer guy too, so photogenic! Seems I have a family of three living with me here, they get along like most families, fighting over the dinner table!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

. .

I no speak English pretty good!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #18

Quote:
I'm gonna get my kid and...my husband!!! I told that kid I didn't see anything there and...He said, "Mom.... it's so obvious I'm not even gonna point it out to you!" Pillsbury chimes in and says, "You really don't see it? No kidding. We're gonna have to use up money in the flex account so go in and get your vision checked by an opthamologist."
Oh my god! That is terrible! (and just a little bit funny sitting here reading about it ) Dang!

I hope you get them good!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #19
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
I am seeing something being eaten by the dragonfly in Kildale's photo!!! I totally missed that the 1st time!!! Love Bulu's fly and linrose's sunflower but I gotta admit.... it's like revisiting "find Waldo" since I can't see any hummingbird.
Funny now a double take bring so much more into view ....Sage has a keen eye when it comes to picking up things like that. Congrats to all!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
Fox

Thanks, Sage and that's definitely a good eye on the Waldo worm. I'll have to go back and look at it in hi-res. Congrats to linrose & kildale, too.

Tags
2012, camera, contest, entries, entry, insects, july, month, nature, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photo of the month, photographer, photographs, photography, pics, pictures, plants, pom, potm, winner, winners