Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Natural Gardeners Unite > Organic Gardening

View Poll Results: What's your biggest gardening challenge (this year)?
Not enough rain 5 14.29%
Too much rain 4 11.43%
Too hot 2 5.71%
Too cold 2 5.71%
Weeds 11 31.43%
Critters 1 2.86%
All of the above 4 11.43%
Other 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #21
Heron

bunny Garden Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepyeweed View Post
I voted other. My biggest gardening challenge is not having enough time to do everything that I would like to do. My rain barrel has settled to one side and needs some leveling. I have bags of other people's landscape waste setting next to the compost pile that need to be shredded.

Japanese Beetles have decimated my jewel weed this year.

The moist cool weather has given me a huge explosion of powdery mildew on the black eyed and brown-eyed susans. I usually have powdery mildew on bergamot and a bit on the brown-eyed. Right now my prairie patch looks like one big blob of powdery mildew. Usually I the PM doesn't bother me.... I just look the other way... but its really thick this year.

The rain has kept the cup plants so moist and full, I had to tie them up. Usually the cup plants are standing tall... when everything else flops.
Kinda makes you wonder what this year brings; After the wet and cold spring surely the Tomato Gods will smile down on us. I don't even try peppers any more- too much clay which doesn't dry out enough for them.
I've concluded peppers like dry feet.

While I couldn't vote in the poll I said Other- I think I'm going to have to thin out some trees to get more sun.

Oh BTW the other reason I found this thread interesting is the comment about the rain barrel leaning- Especially true since when full it's close to 400lbs and running/overflow water erodes the soil below it
Third year they leap; So plant some today
sprucetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #22
Scum Bag Spammer

Where I live there is scarcity of water and so we have to depend on rainfall so that our garden trees can get enough water so for me the biggest obstacle in gardening is scarcity of water.

<removing marketing link>

Last edited by WG Admin; 03-27-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: scum bag spammer
FerraioliJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest, challenge, gardening, poll