Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Natural Gardeners Unite > Organic Gardening

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:25 AM   #31
WG Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Mustn't leave any poop behind!!!
Too funny! But practical. You're already in there doing a icky job, don't want any of it to go to waste!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #32
Carbon

LOL Do the poo-poo dance LOL So funny, don't know why but my first thought was the pee-pee dance when I saw this and seeing as how we are talking poo..... I have heard of using human manure to fertilize plants. The Aztecs used it long ago. I do not think it would be good to use human stuff unless it's your own and you know what pathogens are in it.

In a *end of world* kind of thingie, I would use it, I guess, as it would have to go somewhere and the sewer system would not be working anymore. But again, it would be mine or someone that lives with me and I'd know what pathogens they would be likely to be carrrying.

For free worms for your compost or garden. This I do all the time just to save worms. Old softie and I do not care what they say, drowning IS a horrible way to die. During the spring/summer rain, after the rain has been coming down for days and it looks like there is no end in sight and finally the sun peeks out from behind the clouds... If you look around on the saturated ground, worms will be all over the place trying to escape the water. They come up as their home is flooded and I see them writhing around in the puddles. I move them to higher ground and get them out of the puddles. I don't think they can swim. This is just observation BTW. But free worms.... I usually find them in the yard or meadows or edge of the woods.Places where you can see the ground, your neighbors yard Not where they spray as that kills everything, even the worms. Cow pastures are great places if you stay away from the cows. And any decent rain that saturates the ground will bring up the worms.
sybdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #33
The Bug Whisperer

Just out of curiosity, what do others think about this product, touted as 'all natural'...
Park Seed: AlgoFlash is a 100% natural mineral-based fertilizer.

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #34
Official Plant Nerd

sybdragon> " LOL Do the poo-poo dance LOL So funny," I want to find that poo poo smiley. That thing is hysterical. "They come up as their home is flooded and I see them writhing around in the puddles. I move them to higher ground and get them out of the puddles." The robins must love you. You must be a really good robin mommy. I put them in a bowl for the robins. The robins think I am the worm god and that's a-ok with me. suunto> Algoflash, Welcome to Algoflash America, Inc. Looks like hype to get our money. Winning all those Guinness world records sounds great but I'm getting this vision of veggies on steroids and they don't mention whether all those plants were grown in the same season or not. Then there's this little problem with some of their ads. If you look at the bottom they state plants are representations of the actual plants. Why not use the actual plants fertilized with their product??? This looks like another Super Thrive product that's too good to be true. I checked and this is what's in it, "Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Potash, Sulfur, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Copper, Boron and Molybdenum". You better read their myth v. reality, Algoflash America, Inc. - Myth Vs. Reality I would think our own compost would do just as well by us without being overkill to attract mites and no shipping and handling fees.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #35
Carbon

Hey Equilibrium I love smilies.. Go to *go advanced* button at the bottom of this quick reply box and then hit [more] under the smilies on the right and it will bring up all kinds of smilies to use. So cute. You can only use 5 in a posting. I know because I tried to use more in a long posting. I try to limit my smilies but sometimes I do not do so well at that. LOL Good thing there is a limit
sybdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #36
Official Plant Nerd

That's how come I only see the smileys when I'm adding photos!!! I still think you need your own composter to love and cherish and feed forever.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #37
Salamander

Tks sybdragon for the organic potting soil recipe. I started using compost in my vegetable beds. I do have my own compost pile and was given enough to make it through the season until mine could begin producing. I have plenty left to use to make my own organic potting soil. Tks Lib. The compost has been a life saver.

Tags
grow, miracle, organic, potting, scam, soil