Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > North American Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

The poor thing! You must have gotten to it quickly or it would have drowned, or become diabetic, whichever came first.

I clicked on your link, and love your blog. Great photos. We have an orb spider like that, named "George the third", since we have lived here three years and he is the third by that name. He gets very fat on moths drawn to our house lights.

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #12
Grub

I got to that first one quickly enough. I just looked at my hummingbird feeder again, there are 2 more poor unfortunate souls who have drowned. I guess this is why gluttony is a sin.. hehe ... and thankyou. I havent named a spider since summer of 07, we had a Golden Silk Orb spider who lived inside our screened in porch back in NC, we named him Walter, we feed him bugs and moths. Then my friend wanted to be helpfull and pressure wash the porch and in the process he killed Walter because he didnt like spiders.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Poor Walter! We had helpful friends our first year here who house sat while we were away for a week and killed Igor, our funnel web spider, because they thought he was creepy. He was creepy, but he was outside and ate mosquitoes, and we liked him. They didn't understand why we were upset. I think our neighbors think we are a little strange sometimes....

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bird, bird bath, bird baths, bird feeder, bird feeders, feather, feathers, feeder, feeding birds, funny, photos, thief, thieves, visitors, wildlife