Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > North American Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff View Post
Let it go Sage. There is no need to torment yourself over moose wart photos.

Tomorrow will be a new day. Our children are often times more computer savvy than we are. Let your son have a chance at helping you locate your photos. Chances are very good they are there and are recoverable.

There are recovery services. Do you back up your hard drive? That is another possible way to recover photos. There are many ways to recover photos. Don't make yourself sick over this. It's 9:30 at night. Your son may be in bed.
This child is 50! I gave him the Sony Vaio tower computer last month and his plan was to reformat the drive and use it for trying out programs. I hope he's been too busy to follow through! I guess he's catching a quick last-of-the-summer vacation before the kids are back in school. But he always says to use at least two different backup systems. That drive was the backup and the only one for that computer once the computer was gone. Hope to hear from him before Monday.

Love computers when all goes well, but if not, I freak!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #12
WG Staff

I would be freaking out too.

Have you ever heard of Carbonite?
Online Backup, Computer Backup Software & Remote Backup ? Carbonite.com

Carbonite is the service provider most of us use. FW recommends it.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #13

Thank you Staff person!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 AM   #14
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I read part of it and ran into this...........
"You agree to Use the Carbonite Products or Services for no longer than the trial or evaluation period unless you enter into another license and pay a license fee and associated taxes as applicable.
I am now left wondering how much they will charge you to continue using their services.
Do you know?

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #15
Administrator

• Completely Automatic
  • Secure and Encrypted
  • Only $54.95/year
Old 08-30-2009, 01:44 AM   #16
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Not bad!
According to hubby I don't need it as it's nothing he needs to worry about.
Looks like I'm out then as he pays the bills around here.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #17
Official Plant Nerd

I lost 14,000 photos thanks to a brand new hard drive in a brand new computer having a defect that blew out my mother boards and corrupted my backup hard drive. They gave me a replacement hard drive and replacement mother boards... gee thanks. I use carbonite. It's a lot cheaper and tons safer than conventional back up systems.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #18

moose

Wow, Lib, that's got to be the worst!

I have great news tho... my son Skyped me tonight and took over my computer from 430 miles away via Yuuguu. It's really weird to lose control of your computer and see the cursor move and windows open while you're not touching anything. But, he found my pix!!! And I've found the moose with tumors. Now if I can just get it over here.........................AK- Moose warts ugly but benign-p1030604.jpg omg! I did it! Here's the moose from my external drive!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #19
Unicellular Fungi

Oh thank gawd you found your photos. You poor baby you. You must have been on pins and needles waiting for remote help.

They routinely take over our computers to teach us where I work. It is a wonderful experience when someone else is in control who knows what they are doing. Sometimes I playfully tease with our IT staff and take the mouse away from them.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #20
Official Plant Nerd

Yup, 14,000 of them. We bought that new computer to safeguard our photos. Our other computer was find but it was three years old and we started worrying about what if... We splurged and bought a new computer. We hung on to the old one for a month to make sure everything was working well. I think it was ohhhhhhhhhhh... about a week after we donated the old computer to a school where it was zeroed out that the new one went kaput. That's the way the cookie crumbles some times. What are you gonna do. Anyway, I'm thrilled to death your son found all your photos. I had a pit in my stomach for you waiting to hear the outcome.

Tags
benign, moose, ugly, warts