Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > North American Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
WG Writer

Default Film: Great North

Hulu - Great North - Watch the full feature film now.

This film is about the Inuit of Northern Quebec and their relationship to carabou. One of the narrators is in fact the great grandson of Nanook - who stared in the 1920s classic film about the Inuit. There are cuts from the original film: Nanook of the North. There is also reference to the Sameby of Northern Sweden and their relationship to the reindeer herds.

Run time: 41:33 minutes.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

Why bother owning a tv anymore? I didn't know there were so many decent programs on the internet.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
WG Writer

I so thoroughly enjoyed this film. And it was sort of a mystery. Where do the carabou go in winter? I wonder if they will do a follow-up on the movements of the tagged animals.

And I loved seeing Nanook again. I don't know how many times Ive seen the Nanook of the North film. And the scene where the fish tries to pull him through the ice hole always makes me laugh!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
WG Writer

On the internet. Yep its free. And there is a whole lot of it -- and much of it is as lackluster as it was when it was first shown. And there is adult tv - some times not labeled as such --- as in the Red Shoe Diaries. But there is some really good stuff in there also --- and not an easy way to sort out the good from the bad.

Some of the internet tv sites carry viruses and malware. So you do have to use caution. Protect your kids. Protect your pc. But a little time looking is very rewarding. Especially this time of year when there is not one bit of programming on regular tv worth watching. Reruns that were BAD in the first place.

I still haven't disconnected my cable tv, but Im thinking Id rather have the 60 + $ a month for something else. Like new plumbing!

Tags
film, great, north