Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > North American Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
Too Wild To Garden

Oh, okay, thanks.
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
The one lonediver linked to at the site where you have to pay to see their photos. I'm still a member over there. It is a photo by somebody named vroomp. I could see the photo. Anyone who didn't pay them $20 can't see the photo. The photo is ok. Not worth paying $20 to see.
I did not have to pay to see it . I simply entered the words " bear birdfeeder " into google/yahoo image search and those are some I came up with .
lonediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
WG Staff

It isn't showing for me. I'm receiving the same message FW received. Are you a paid member there?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #14
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff View Post
It isn't showing for me. I'm receiving the same message FW received. Are you a paid member there?
Nope ,
Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #15
Official Plant Nerd

I thought you were still a subscriber like me? Are you sure. I can see it but it doesn't seem like anyone who isn't a subscriber can see it. That's how they get people to subscribe. They have a small percentage of forums that anyone who is registered can read but all the other forums they have they make you pay so you can turn off their ads.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #16
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I thought you were still a subscriber like me? Are you sure. I can see it but it doesn't seem like anyone who isn't a subscriber can see it. That's how they get people to subscribe. They have a small percentage of forums that anyone who is registered can read but all the other forums they have they make you pay so you can turn off their ads.
Yes I am still a paid subscriber over there . Hmmm , that is not how or where I went to get the pic , it showed up on google or yahoo search . But one can go from image search and link back to original source which is what I must have done . So yes non-paying members would not have access . Had I not linked back then they would have .

Whatever , It shows a bear climbing a rock column (rather high) to get to some bird feeders .
Old 03-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #17
Official Plant Nerd

You must have been logged on and didn't know it. That's how I found out the photo was over there. It made me log on.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
WG Writer

I guess the sum of this story is that bears don't need any enhancement - they are fully capable of getting anything they want that you leave out!
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #19
Heron

If they want it, it doesn't even have to be "out" for them to get it. They can break open any door, any window and pretty much any container...

We used to have a cabin in the northwoods and it would get ransacked every spring. We were very diligent about not leaving ANY food in there. But other cabin owners weren't so diligent, so the bears learned that these cabins could be a good source of food.
joepyeweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #20
WG Writer

I once wrote a paper in graduate school on the religion of the Siberian laplanders who see the bears as living in their own society parallel to humans. And that of course is not too far from the truth if you are a Siberian laplander. Bears are the main figures in lap religion - and by that I mean they are considered to have special spiritual qualities. Human boys are taught: be more like a bear - they are courageous and strong.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bear, bear or birdfeeder, bear photos, bear raids feeder, bear video, bears, bird, bird feeder, birdfeeders, black, black bear, fake, photos, raid, video, wildlife