Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > North American Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
WG Staff

Default Rabies Wildlife Vaccine Bait Drop Helps Protect Public Health In Southwestern Ontario

Rabies Wildlife Vaccine Bait Drop Helps Protect Public Health In Southwestern Ontario
Ontario Newsroom
September 10, 2012 12:30 PM

Rabies Wildlife Vaccine Bait Drop Helps Protect Public Health In Southwestern Ontario
excerpt from above:
Quote:
Approximately 280,000 wildlife baits containing a rabies vaccine will be distributed in southwestern Ontario next week.

The bait drop program is one of the most successful wildlife rabies eradication programs in North America. The vaccine will...
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

The economy took a dump and some people flat out can't afford to feed... let alone vaccinate their cats and dogs so they're dumping em left and right. I've noticed a sharp increase in the number of cats taken on the proverbial ride to the country by me just this year and I'm not the only 1 getting dumped on around here either. Considering all the packs of feral dogs we already had and the feral fluffies we've got running around thanks to the "humanitarian" TNR efforts of the HSUS and the ASPCA.... I'm thinking the US better start following Canada's lead by taking an offensive approach to this festering problem before it becomes a crisis. Bait drops can work.... they just need to be added to budgets then used.

Tags
bait, drop, health, helps, ontario, protect, public, rabies, southwestern, vaccine, wildlife