Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > North American Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Heron

froggie Critters in strange places

You know it's dry outside when? You find a tree frog in your toilet! My son came into the bedroom this morning after waking up and said I have a problem. Whats your problem son? Dad there's a frog in the potty! WHAT? sure enough a grey tree frog in the toilet this morning. I still don't know how he got there the best I can figure is he came down the radon mitigation pipe into the sump pit crawled out navigated across the basement into the pipe that connects the washing machine to the waste line and then came up through the sewer line into the toilet! Anyone else have any critters in wierd places stories?
recurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

We have one (Huge treefrog) that lives under the oil tank cap at the camp. He must wait for spiders to take refuge in the shade.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Really glad he saw it BEFORE he whizzed on it!!! Too funny!!! We do get critters in our sump pump pit all the time.... never had 1 in the toilet yet though!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
WG Operations, Facilitator

I once had a bird get trapped in my stove ventilation thing. It took me 2 days to figure out the source of the peeps. Of course, with my poor hearing it actually ended up sounding like BEEP BEEP BEEP....

So over a 2 day period, I ended up investigating the beeps of my coffee maker, microwave, cell phone, computer, medical equipment, and smoke alarms. LOL!!!

That poor birdy!!! I finally discovered the source of the beeps and had a good laugh that what I actually heard were PEEPS!!! I released the captured bird and it flew away un-harmed.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I found another critter in a strang place.

Last year, someone gave me a roll of chicken wire. Not needing to use it at that point I set the roll behind the garden where I needn't see it. Seems a bird must have went inside the center of the coil in search of bugs or to use it as nesting sight and it's wings or feathers got caught and would not allow it to back out......Poor thing perished!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

I had a paper wasp start a nest inside my well cover. Not a good thing.

Does it count when it is a pet? My prior stupid cat disappeared for four days. Not a peep out of her, we looked everywhere, went to the pound, looked around the neighborhood. We began to give up on ever finding her. Finally, on the fourth night, we here movement from the dresser in our bedroom. She was stuck behind the drawers. God knows how she got in there; more puzzling is why she waited so long to make noise. It wasn't like it was in a room we never went in! Cats are idiots sometimes.

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Fox

I guess it's not so strange to find bears in a dumpster, but this couple's response was, well, not strange but wonderful!

Three Bear Cubs Trapped In A Dumpster Rescued By Couple Using A Ladder And A Pickup Truck - YouTube
Old 07-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
WG Operations, Facilitator

paw print

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulucanagria View Post
I guess it's not so strange to find bears in a dumpster, but this couple's response was, well, not strange but wonderful!

Three Bear Cubs Trapped In A Dumpster Rescued By Couple Using A Ladder And A Pickup Truck - YouTube
Thanks for the link. What a great bear cub rescue video. The rescuers were very creative!
Old 07-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Official Plant Nerd

Loved the bear cub rescue and I thought what they did was genius!!!
--
4B> "So over a 2 day period, I ended up investigating the beeps of my coffee maker, microwave, cell phone, computer, medical equipment, and smoke alarms. LOL!!!" Ha ha ha..... too funny because.... I could see myself doing the same thing.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
Fox

When I first saw the video, there was no title on it. I saw a pick-up truck with someone in the back with a ladder, they're backing toward a bear by a dumpster. My first thought was, "Rednecks!" I thought I was gonna see something stupid, dangerous and possibly deadly for man and bear.

When they put the ladder in and drove away, I thought, "Hm. They must've really wanted to throw that ladder away."

Then when the cubs climbed out and left with Mama bear, I just thought happy thoughts.

I don't know if I've said it here before, but I've said it many times; the people of New Mexico are very nice.

Tags
critters, frog, locations, odd, places, strange, toilet, tree frog, wildlife