Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > North American News and Current Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
WG Staff

Default Hidden "Agent Orange" Chemical They Want to Sneak into Your Food

Hidden "Agent Orange" Chemical They Want to Sneak into Your Food
Posted By Dr. Mercola | February 12 2012

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/12/dow-agrosciences-developed-new-genetically-modified-crops.aspx
excerpt from above:
Quote:
Agent Orange is no longer produced -- so why am I bringing it up now?

Because Dow AgroSciences (a subsidiary of Dow Chemicals), who was one of the original manufacturers of Agent Orange (AO), has developed a new generation of genetically modified (GM) crops -- soybeans, corn and cotton -- that are designed to resist a major ingredient in AO: the herbicide called 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D)…
Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff View Post
Hidden "Agent Orange" Chemical They Want to Sneak into Your Food
Posted By Dr. Mercola | February 12 2012

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/12/dow-agrosciences-developed-new-genetically-modified-crops.aspx
excerpt from above:

Incredible if this ends up being allowed. I saw the effects of Agent Orange in Nam, and it wasn't pretty; it was horrific! Since then, Ive seen many photos of Vietnamese people suffering from a multitude of serious health problems all attributed to exposure to that beast. I've known guys I was with in Southeast Asia who suffer symptoms today that are probably AO caused. This country has its head up something under it!

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
WG Staff

Default Millions of Pounds of Toxic Poison to Flood US Farmland

Millions of Pounds of Toxic Poison to Flood US Farmland
Intellectual Center
Monday, February 20, 2012
By: Chevaux

Intellectual Center: Millions of Pounds of Toxic Poison to Flood US Farmland
excerpt from above:
Quote:
The EPA announced that it has completed the first part of its study on dioxin, after more than 25 years of stonewalling.

Dioxin is the most caustic man-made chemical known. Dioxin is a general term for hundreds of chemicals that are produced in industrial processes that use chlorine and burning. Disturbingly, it has a half-life of 100+ years when it is leached into soil or embedded in water systems. Dioxin was the most harmful component in Agent Orange (the recipe for Agent Orange is 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T herbicides).

The EPA says that air emissions of dioxin have decreased by 90% since the 1980′s, but dioxin is dangerous at any level. The study appears to omit any analysis of dioxin transmission in water and land. The danger is growing because Dow AgroScience has received preliminary USDA approval for its...
Old 04-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
Heron

How am I going to sleep at night after reading this? We need to shout about this from the rooftops!
BeeWonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Lungwort

Yep, they are trying to kill us or that is what my husband is always saying.He says that flouride is an industrial waste that they get to get rid of by dumping it directly into the water supply.
Damianita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
The Bug Whisperer

IMHO, Dr. Mercola is a scam artist/quack who makes millions catering to the fears and scientific ignorance of the general public. I would not trust him to tell me the sun rises in the east...

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agent orange, chemical, food, hidden, sneak