Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > North American News and Current Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 06:52 AM   #11
WG Writer

I think probably all hoarding -- the basic inability to edit useful and not useful from your life -- is a sign of going off your rocker. And usually the hoarder is oblivious to the fact they are going off the deep end.

But the value of animals as pets is to form a deep bond with one or two who can really enrich your life and vice versa.

A few years ago a run-a-away pit bull came to my house -- and stayed for two months! In my search to try to find his owner or someone to take him, I found all sorts of animal relationships going on in this rural town. There were people collecting dogs to fight them. One guy at the butcher shop was collecting pit bulls. He kept them in cages in his back yard. He said he wasn't fighting them. He was protecting him from the city which has an ordinance against owning pit bulls (!).

Well, Mr. Pit Bull -- whose name was Kona finally was returned to his real home after nearly getting me arrested. I found that he had just been returned to the seller by a Korean family who had to go home. Poor little guy--lost in a world of angry English speakers when all he knew was Korean. And being illegal when all he wanted was to find his way back home.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal, hoarding