Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > North American News and Current Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
WG Staff

Default Green energy out of gas?

Green energy out of gas?
by Rebekah Rast

NetRight Daily Green energy out of gas?
excerpt from above:
Quote:
But what matters most to Americans are the jobs that came out of all this spending. HotAir summarizes a Reuters article on the results:

The Obama administration has been reduced now to arguing that its $90 billion expenditure will result in 827,000 “job years” over the course of Obama’s term in office. For those who are counting, that would be 276,000 jobs lasting three years. Even in “job years,” that comes to $108,827 per job-year; in jobs, it comes to $326,481. And the “job-years” construct carries a heavy subtext of a lack of permanence, too...
Old 11-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

Before Bozo Obama it was Bozo Bush and before him it was Bozo Clinton and and and….. It'd be real nice if someone holding the office… for once… was upfront about where all the “green” jobs really go but…. I’m more interested in any of em telling me where the $$$’s gonna come from cleaning up all the environmental destruction left behind from all the multinationals out and about in this manufactured "global" circus raping OUR lands for financial gain>>>? We don’t have enough $$$ to label everywhere they’re “helping” save the world a super fund site and… the $10,000 bonds they’re required to have don’t put a dent in the damage they do. Being “green” shouldn’t mean the multinationals get carte blanche running around creating 1 ecological nightmare after the next for future generations of Americans.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Say it like you mean it Lib!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
WG Staff

Default Rise in renewable energy will require more use of fossil fuels

Rise in renewable energy will require more use of fossil fuels
December 09, 2012
By Ralph Vartabedian, Los Angeles Times

Renewable energy increase will require use of more fossil fuels - Los Angeles Times
excerpt from above:
Quote:
On the horizon, across an industrial shipping channel on the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, scores of wind turbines stood dead still. The air was too calm to turn their blades — or many others across the state that day. Wind provided just 33 megawatts of power statewide in the midafternoon, less than 1% of the potential from wind farms capable of producing 4,000 megawatts of electricity.

As is true on many days in California when multibillion-dollar investments in wind and solar energy plants are thwarted by the weather, the void was filled by gas-fired plants like the Delta Energy Center.

One of the hidden costs of solar and wind power — and a problem the state is not yet prepared to meet — is that wind and solar energy must be backed up by other sources, typically gas-fired generators. As more solar and wind energy generators come online, fulfilling a legal mandate to produce one-third of California's electricity by 2020, the demand will rise for more…
Old 12-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Like everything else, greed and lust drive this engine.

I hate seeing wind turbines across the landscape, especially knowing that they slice up migratory birds, and now greenenergybusinesssluts want to destroy our waters, shred the fish and diving sea ducks.

And you know none of these sluts will be anywhere when their crap needs to be dismantled and scrapped but will leave the decaying nightmare and expense for us to deal with.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

Sluts!!!! OMG.... spew alert!!!! I am laughing so loud at that word and the context in which it was used especially since.... it flowed from your fingertips and NOT mine!!! And here all along…. I was starting to think it was just 'lil ole outspoken me…. “And you know none of these sluts will be anywhere when their crap needs to be dismantled and scrapped but will leave the decaying nightmare and expense for us to deal with.”!!!! I have to tell you…. I’m still busting a gut reading that because…. I just love it when somebody else screams out, “The Emperor has no clothes”!!! I’m for sure thinking greed and lust have a lot to do with it but I’m thinking control is the ultimate goal…. control of our food supply and all our natural resources for their… er uh… greater global good. I found this that was kinda interesting, ‘Renewable Energy Industry Wasting Billions Annually While Producing Nothing’, Renewable Energy Industry Wasting Billions Annually While Producing Nothing |, “Each year, the United States government pays out billions of dollars trying to sustain businesses that would either fail in the market or not even get off the ground in the first place if not for federal assistance. Most such failing businesses are in the green/renewable energy sector where, without welfare from the Feds, wouldn’t even exist due to them having little or no product to market….In the case of the wind industry, the Federal government admits that the total amount of electricity generated from all operating wind farms in the US is less than 1%, making it a total failure in realistic terms where a business has to have a product to sell before any profits can be expected. It isn’t enough that the manufacture of equipment itself and the transportation of the equipment from factory to field have already used more grid electricity than it will ever produce during its lifetime, actual electricity production is nil also.” That shoulda started out like this…. “Each year, our elected public servants (cough choke gag gasp) dole out billions of our tax dollars to their multinational “partners” and “stakeholders” keeping the carbon markets running with their experimental projects shoved down our throats as “alternative” energy that would either fail or not have gotten off the ground in the first place if not for our tax $$$s….” And incidentally…. many of the clean up “funds” that energy consumers have been paying into over all these years have been "appropriated".... uh huh.... that's right.... the surcharges we've been shelling out over and above our actual energy useage that were supposedly created for clean up are being "appropriated".... er uh.... RAIDED by our illustrious “public servants” so they can put that $$$ to better use elsewhere. I’m convinced billions of our $$$ will continue going to endless research on their technological silver bullet fixes as long as there's carbon credits out there to be had that the very same multinational “partners” and “stakeholders” that created all the problems in the 1st place can profit from IMNSHO.

Tags
energy, gas, green