Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > General Gardening Boards > North American Native Plants

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2017, 09:42 AM   #111
Hippie Gardener

Just one light frost here so far. The forecast is for night-time temps in the mid-20's this week, though. We still have some trees that have not turned. I have a few black-eyed Susan blooms left. I've been keeping an eye on some seeds l'd like to collect, but they are not ready yet. Things are late this year. Weird weather!
Old 11-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #112
Fox

pawprint I guess it is witchhazel time..

I was out in the woods today, found these blooming, always kind of a surprize to see the blooms...even tho I know right where to go to find them.What's blooming now 2017-witchhazel.jpg

ww
Old 11-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #113
Alternate POM Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwatcher View Post
I was out in the woods today, found these blooming, always kind of a surprize to see the blooms...even tho I know right where to go to find them.Attachment 45318

ww
A welcome sight to have fall blooms. It's nice that it blooms in the woods also
Old 11-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #114
Fox

pawprint Hi all~~~Happy Thanksgiving 2017!

Thanks Ellen for the kind words, I was glad to share, I hope to spend some more time in my little ravine this winter, seems things have become quite crazy down there, since my last clean-up mission. If I get lucky, I might even get a snapshot of the big buck that owns that area [and my hilltop too], 5 does wake up this morning and wander around in my back yard. I guess they 'just woke up'...at least they didn't go ballistic when they saw me, with both hands full of Thanksgiving snacks.

ww
Old 11-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #115
A Bee's Best Friend

Your place sounds nice Wildwatcher. The in laws retired to Hot Springs Village back in the 90's so I am familiar with the area after many visits and assisting with the garden there.
Here in Chicago we are too urban for deer but we don't have to travel far to see them. Family in Madison Wi see turkeys in the street and parks which would be interesting. I think in a few years when I have to give up the gardens we can move into a small place near the forest preserves and one of the trails. I mean like walking distance close , so that my front door is the trail head. River Otters and mink have been spotted and maybe a wild turkey will take up residence.

The first three pictures are from our garden but the fourth and last picture is at a nearby park a couple of days ago. There is a water fall and large pond.
Attached Thumbnails
What's blooming now 2017-img_7150.jpg   What's blooming now 2017-img_7173.jpg   What's blooming now 2017-img_7175-2-.jpg   What's blooming now 2017-20171116_130708.jpg  

http://pollinators-welcome.blogspot.com/
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #116
Fox

musical notes4 my oh my what a wonderful day

Hi Gloria, sending all the best for you & yours...ya Hot Springs is pretty nice. My place is fairly primitive, although we have a few plant things near the house that we have enjoyed over the years, one of which is a white azalea, and pretty it is, but doesn't really blend in with anything! I sure like that big clump of fuzzy grass ya got there...if I was playing hide&seek, I would find that big grass & become small again! hahaha

Turkey browse thru here now & then, funny thing about those guys, ya might see a string of 30, and they don't get too uptight that I notice them, but as soon as they get wind that I want a snapshot~~~all 30 majically disappear! Oh well I'll be a better stalker in another life.

I've always wanted a good pond in my ravine, but tis very gravely & would be nearly difficult to fix one in there. I wish I could goof around down there and not think of a pond, oh well one track mind, gets me in trouble more often than it should.

wildwatcher

Tags
2017, blooming