Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > General Gardening Boards > North American Native Plants

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #41
Alternate POM Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
Yay!

I still haven't planted mine

We're they east to separate?
Dap uh oh you haven't planted them yet. I hope they are ok. I gave you 3 seperate plants and they were seperated in the pot. One of the plants was tiny. I don't know if it survived. It would have helped a lot if the pot hadn't fallen over on the way to meet you! Let me know how it goes. You can always have more if you want them.
EllenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #42
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
It would have helped a lot if the pot hadn't fallen over on the way to meet you!
So the 2-3 of you MET, lived and didn't tell about it? Inquiring minds want to know? Spill the beans....NOT yer plants.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #43
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenW View Post
Dap uh oh you haven't planted them yet. I hope they are ok. I gave you 3 seperate plants and they were seperated in the pot. One of the plants was tiny. I don't know if it survived. It would have helped a lot if the pot hadn't fallen over on the way to meet you! Let me know how it goes. You can always have more if you want them.

I was referring to the cardinal flowers...were you able to separate them easily or did you just plant them as they were?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
So the 2-3 of you MET, lived and didn't tell about it? Inquiring minds want to know? Spill the beans....NOT yer plants.
We told about it...just subtly.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 11-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #45
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I knew you were talking bout meeting one another but I hadn't known you actually did.
Telling about it...just subtly, must have eluded me. At the green house? The park? Both?

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #46
Alternate POM Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
I was referring to the cardinal flowers...were you able to separate them easily or did you just plant them as they were?
Oh you just care about the red plants? You didn't ask about the blue....haha. I seperated them the red and the blue when I planted them. NO! it was not easy all those tiny seedlings! They are doing well. So far so good. My brothers girlfriend says it is bad luck to thank people for plants. I checked my other cardinal plant. It did have some tiny offshoots on it. I was thrilled. I cut the stalks off. I will be on the lookout for seedlings from the seeds that were on that plant in the spring.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #47
Alternate POM Judge

Ok hava here is the story. We planned to meet at the park you and dapguy found. That would be the park where I got married 40 years ago. I got there first and found out it was $6 to get in. We decided to meet in a shopping center near there. I arrived first and called dap. As I'm describing the shopping center dap says I see super fresh. I said you are there and we wave as they drive by. They turned around and we had a nice visit in the parking lot and exchanged plants.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenW View Post
Oh you just care about the red plants? You didn't ask about the blue....haha. I seperated them the red and the blue when I planted them. NO! it was not easy all those tiny seedlings! They are doing well. So far so good. My brothers girlfriend says it is bad luck to thank people for plants. I checked my other cardinal plant. It did have some tiny offshoots on it. I was thrilled. I cut the stalks off. I will be on the lookout for seedlings from the seeds that were on that plant in the spring.
Smile. I meant to type "Lobelias", but didn't bother to backspace. Of course I'm concerned about the blue ones too.

Sorry it want easy. I was supposed to do that shortly after they germinated, but it never happened.

I'm not one to follow superstions, so: thanks for the plants.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #49

It was late in the day, so no time to explore the park anyway.

It was funny, because Jeff was driving, while I was on the phone. As we were approaching a plaza, he asked the ame of the supermarket...by the time I interpreted the question, got an answer, and got the message delivered we were passing he said supermarket. If not for a divider between the lanes in the road, we'd have had plenty of time to turn left into the plaza. As we drove by, I told her we saw her, she waved looking around, and I quickly lowered the window and waved as we drove past. After turning around a bit down the road, we pulled in beside her. Between the laughter and excitement of wildly waving at each other as we drove past, we got out of the car and each gave her a hug.

just like our met-up with linrose last year, this was rushed and too short...but at lest we met...and shared some plants.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #50
Alternate POM Judge

Quote:
I'm not one to follow superstions, so: thanks for the plants.
Ok then thank you too!

Tags
beneficial, blue, brings, great, lobelia, polllinator