Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > General Gardening Boards > North American Native Plants

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
WG Staff

Default NJ- Native plants aficionados start chapter of state group

NJ- Native plants aficionados start chapter of state group
Saturday, September 7, 2013
By RAY EDEL

Native plants aficionados start chapter of state group - NorthJersey.com
excerpt from above:
Quote:
The Bergen-Passaic Chapter of the Native Plant Society of New Jersey will hold its inaugural meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday at Ender Hall, room 153, at Bergen Community College, 400 Paramus Road in Paramus.

The NPSNJ is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the appreciation, protection and study of the native flora of New Jersey.

The group was founded in 1985, and its members include gardeners, horticulturists, naturalists, landscape designers, students and native-plant enthusiasts from all walks of life. They regularly conduct lectures and presentations with featured speakers on topics including introduction to native plants, gardening with natives, identification and appreciation of the flora and ecosystems of the Garden State, ecological landscaping and much more...
Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

I want a local chapter of Pennsylvania's Native Plant Society...but, if I have to start it up, I'm thinking it can wait. I'd rather join one than establish one...but who knows...someday I might feel differently.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Ummm.... that might be biting off more than you can chew but.... I've been known to bite off more than I can chew before so I'd say GO FOR IT and don't look back otherwise find the closest chapter and join even if it means a 2 hour hike getting to their once a month meetings!!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Ummm.... that might be biting off more than you can chew but.... I've been known to bite off more than I can chew before so I'd say GO FOR IT and don't look back otherwise find the closest chapter and join even if it means a 2 hour hike getting to their once a month meetings!!!!
I've no intention to do it any time soon...there was just mention of it earlier this year when I met a couple members at a native plant sale in the middle of the state. When they found out I was from the northeastern part of the state, they kinda suggested I start a group. I definitely pooh-poohed the idea, but it has been floating around in my subconscious ever since.

Honestly, I think driving two hours to a meeting would be much less trouble than trying to found a group myself!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aficionados, chapter, group, native, plants, start, state