Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Natural Areas (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/natural-areas/)
-   -   Reflections of (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/natural-areas/7849-reflections.html)

havalotta 12-12-2010 11:38 PM

Reflections of

4 Attachment(s)
Mirror images double your viewing pleasure.
Attachment 21635
Reflections of a once vacant quarry send back a houseboat resting in its lair.
Attachment 21636
A void has been created, a home built. Its reflection, spoiled, hindered.
Attachment 21637
I recall leaping freely from its uppermost thrust into its icy cold heart below.
Attachment 21638
As I sit along its southern most edge, I notice how clear, how smooth the water now is without the play of children.
It's beauty reflects twofold. Reflections of, the way things used to be.....

havalotta 05-23-2011 02:53 PM

Does anyone see them?

dapjwy 05-23-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 84153)
Mirror images double your viewing pleasure...

A void has been created, a home built. Its reflection, spoiled, hindered.

I recall leaping freely from its uppermost thrust into its icy cold heart below...

You are poetic in your descriptions.

I agree the house is kind of an eye sore...but imagine the view *they* have *from* the house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 84153)
I recall leaping freely from its uppermost thrust into its icy cold heart below...

I remember visiting a quarry once as a teen to swim...your comments brought back that memory. :)

havalotta 05-23-2011 09:10 PM

It's nice to reminisce isn't it....and equally nice to receive such kind remarks. :)
Now for a bit of play..... Can you see them? See what? You might say...
Hmmmmmmm Take a close look, a real close look at the cliff and its reflections and tell me what you see.

dapjwy 05-24-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 91335)
Does anyone see them?

When I first read that, I thought you might've meant can you see (imagine) the kids playing in the water. It was late and I was too tired to figure out what you meant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 91352)
Now for a bit of play..... Can you see them? See what? You might say...
Hmmmmmmm Take a close look, a real close look at the cliff and its reflections and tell me what you see.

Now, I'm just *guessing*, but the perfect mirror images make me think of bugs, butterflies, and such. Not sure what it is you are seeing...same as me or not. Kinda like Rorschach inkblot tests...I think we all may see something different. ...In one of the first two pictures, I thought I saw the shape of a frog with outstreched limbs. :)

havalotta 05-24-2011 09:04 PM

Now you're on the right track Dapjwy. :)
I see something entirely different but for now I'm going to leave it open so others can pull in their own images....

I'm going to take a leap back to see if I can pull in your frog.

havalotta 05-24-2011 09:07 PM

I SEE him....He's in the first photo and he's doing the breast stroke!
Good imagination Dapjwy! It's kind of like visualizing what you see in the clouds in a way isn't it.

dapjwy 05-24-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 91392)
I SEE him....He's in the first photo and he's doing the breast stroke!
Good imagination Dapjwy! It's kind of like visualizing what you see in the clouds in a way isn't it.

Yup, that's him. :)

Cool idea...I'm looking forward to seeing what you were thinking about when you asked.

benj1 05-25-2011 04:11 AM

I guess you could pull a couple of horizontal faces out of the picture, if you are prone to flights of fancy!

havalotta 05-26-2011 12:46 PM

Benj1 NAILED IT... Right on the head!
That's exactly what I see.....Lots, and lots of them. One even looks like a .......Ooops almost blew it. Let's see if anyone else see anything other.