Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Natural Areas

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #41
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
" I Think I'll go mosey on over to some other threads and hide for a while....
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8177.jpg
You done hanging out yet?
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8190.jpg
They're not still taking jabs at you are they?
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf5761-1.jpg
I'd put up with that as much as I'd put up with....
A geocache in a crack of a tree in the crack.
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8196.jpg
Time to bury the past.....

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #42
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Attachment 18524
You done hanging out yet?
Attachment 18528
They're not still taking jabs at you are they?
Attachment 18529
I'd put up with that as much as I'd put up with....
A geocache in a crack of a tree in the crack.
Attachment 18530
Time to bury the past.....
I forgot all about the tatoos and piercings! ~smile~

(Still glad I didn't take the bait.)

Come back Equilibrium!
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 AM   #43
Official Plant Nerd

You guys did NOT take me seriously when I said I'd mosey on over to other threads and hide did you??? Tattoos aren't for me.... unless they're the rub on kind you get in Cracker Jack boxes. I'm soooooo not into pain and.... I don't have a serious bone in my body most days. I remember that vulture.... it was low to the ground and it posed for us. Too bad we couldn't get closer. They don't usually cooperate like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-img_2519.jpg  
Old 07-28-2010, 01:06 AM   #44
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
You guys did NOT take me seriously when I said I'd mosey on over to other threads and hide did you??? Tattoos aren't for me.... unless they're the rub on kind you get in Cracker Jack boxes. I'm soooooo not into pain and.... I don't have a serious bone in my body most days. I remember that vulture.... it was low to the ground and it posed for us. Too bad we couldn't get closer. They don't usually cooperate like that.
I thought it was possible that you had tatoos and body piercings...but not BOTH of you! =)

Glad you moseyed (sp.) on back.
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 AM   #45
Official Plant Nerd

I was just checking to see if she was awake when I posted. Next thing I know I've got a private message that says liar liar or something like that and then she's laughing and I'm laughing and what can I say. I wouldn't mind having one tasteful tattoo on a shoulder or maybe my ankle but.... can they put me out while they do the inkwork and then there is this problem that they look real good the first 10-15 years or so when the color's bright and the design's crisp but have you EVER seen what a 30 year old tattoo looks like on sagging skin??? Scary.... very scary. We both have pierced ears.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #46

Quote:
You guys did NOT take me seriously when I said I'd mosey on over to other threads and hide did you??? I remember that vulture.... it was low to the ground and it posed for us. Too bad we couldn't get closer. They don't usually cooperate like that.
I knew you were teasing us. Laying low HA! You were probably crawling with laughter....
I think that vulture may have had something wrong with him...He has a grayish bulge below his eye.
That doesn't appear normal to me..... Maybe it affected his vision and that's why he didn't fly off.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #47
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

I keep wondering how those tattoos will look 40-50 years later on flabby sagging skin, lying on the operating table...............
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #48

I swear the number of times we circled round and round (in a rain dance type fashion) with the car looking for this place the clouds got heavier!
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8196-.jpg
A brief History of the burial grounds.
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8196-.jpg
and its inhabitants.
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8197.jpg
A couple of the more run down burial huts....

It saddens me that when they restored the area as a park they commercialized it by adding a huge camping area with stores and facilities.
These people have been buried here to watch the setting sun over a peaceful lake.... (Now get this!) A BIG STUPID PLAY LAND FULL OF SWINGS AND THINGS LAY IMMEDIATELY IN FRONT OF THEM!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #49
Official Plant Nerd

"You were probably crawling with laughter...." I was laughing and darn near patting myself on the back for making a funny when I typed it but gasping for air when I read your private message. Your liar liar liar message was waaaaaaaaaay funnier. Nope not laying low.... just trying to clean my walls. We rented scaffolding for 30 days and I need to get crackin on them. Sage> the 40-50 years down the road look on flabby saggy skin has been what's stopped me from getting one even a small one. I can see it now.... I'm on the operating table and my frog on lily pad with tongue extended to grab a fly has sorta slipped from my shoulder down to who knows where.... the anesthesiologist is telling me to count backward starting at 10 and I hear, "Oh look... we can play the cloud game on this one while we wait. What does it look like to you?" "I think it looks like a..... " "No it doesn't.... it looks like a...." hava> I read something about how we visited the humongous mushroom at the wrong time of year.... if we wanted to see any itsy bitys babies.... we were supposed to go in fall.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #50

THAT'S why we only found a few....shrooms
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8196-1.jpg
Some interesting info on why they chose this area.
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8197-.jpg
A more preserved burial.
Porky Pine Mountain adventures-dscf8197-.jpg
Inside view.

Norman.....Are you able to share some of the plant photos you took while visiting the graves or are you still high......on the shrooms.
I mean the fumes, cleaning fumes that is, way up on your scaffolds?
(Thought I better set them straight on THAT one, right away!)

I have the photos...but I'd like the thread to be as much mine as it is yours if you have the time...

Tags
adventure, adventures, agate falls, hike, hiking, michigan, mountain, mountain ledge, natural areas, outdoor recreation, outdoors, pine, porky, porky pine, porky pine mountain, recreation, recreational areas, trails, upper penninsula, waterfalls