Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Natural Areas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Too Wild To Garden

Default Choate Park, Massachusetts

Another local park, again, because it's winter, and I'm jonsing for some greenery! This little park is a gem in our community. It's a small pond with a path around it - less than a mile around - and it has a fantastic playground. And it's got a ball park off to one side, and I believe a farmer's market pops up here in the summer.

At the moment, you could probably skate on the pond, it's so cold out. That is, if you swept the snow off the ice first!
Attached Thumbnails
Choate Park, Massachusetts-choate_pond_01.jpg   Choate Park, Massachusetts-choate_pond_02.jpg   Choate Park, Massachusetts-choate_pond_path_01.jpg  
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Unicellular Fungi

You should take some photos from the exact same angle only at this time of year for comparison sake. I like photos that progress through the seasons and that middle shot would have an entirely different feel to it at this time of year.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Too Wild To Garden

I would love to do that! But it will have to wait until Gabe can walk along with me. Especially this time of year, with all the snow.

Which reminds me. . . along my commute to work, the road crosses the Charles river at a wide, wetland area. I've been wanting to photograph that area for a year now. It'll have to wait, though.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
Unicellular Fungi

Sorry about that. I forgot you had a wee little one. It's too cold to be taking toddlers out let alone babies that are only a couple months old. Next year maybe.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Too Wild To Garden

No problem! Having a baby may have put a damper on my galavanting, but my yard has natural opportunities apleanty, and I suppose my carbon footprint is lighter this year due to staying closer to home.

Tags
choate, massachusetts, park