Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Natural Areas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Official Plant Nerd

The beginning of the 'Shades of Death Trail'. The lighting was spectacular. I really got some dramatic shots at Hickory Run.
Attached Thumbnails
Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3288.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3290.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3292.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Official Plant Nerd

DaMan's beloved twisted and contorted branch is in the 1st photo. I got that last photo by walking out into the middle of the creek using the rocks as stepping stones.
Attached Thumbnails
Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3295.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3296.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3297.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3299.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Official Plant Nerd

Like I said.... my photos of the falls don't hold a candle to Big J's cell phone photo!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3301.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3304.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #14
Official Plant Nerd

More photos on the way back. I particularly like the 2nd photo in this set what with the branches framing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3302.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3305.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3307.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3308.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #15
Official Plant Nerd

Just a little path I tripped going up. I guess you had to be there.... I still can't figure out how I bit the dust walking up those steps. That photo I took of the subnerged and floating leaves is 1 of my favorites from Hickory Run.
Attached Thumbnails
Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3311.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3315.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3318.jpg   Hickory Run State Park PA 2013-img_3319.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
Lungwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Dapsguy: WOW That smartphone sure has a a great freeze frame!
Attachment 38617
I recall turning off to view a little stream Equill had spied along the way. She's real good at spotting things on the run.
Attachment 38618
That was the park with the shades of death trail, was it not?
Attachment 38619
I recall taking this shot. When I first saw you and Dapjwy go behind some trees I thought mother nature was calling but once I met up with the two of you I realized you both had hid behind the trees so I could get a natural shot without you. It was like watching you two playing hide and seek! Thank you both for being so considerate.
Attachment 38620
One of the boulders. I just couldn't slip it into the trunk.
Attachment 38621
My waterfall shots are no where NEAR as rushing as the shots you took! Was there another falls beyond the first set where Dapjwy and I stood?
Did I miss the Biggie or were those taken when there was more water flowing sometime in the past? None the less, the shots you have are pretty darn GOOD!

Thanks for showing me those photos.... I couldn't find the shadows of us hiding behind a tree I know we did so you can get the nature shot

and about the waterfall shot....I need to confess..... that was taken about a couple months ago right after a good rain.... that is why it is full of waterfalls rather than what you saw and got.... It is still beautiful shot regardless
dapsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
Lungwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
That was the park with the shades of death trail, was it not?
Yup It is
dapsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #18
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
And here's the beginning of the photos I've got for Hickory Run starting with some turkeys we saw on the drive to the park entrance.
I remember those turkeys. Jeff even stopped the vehicle o you could get the shots.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #19

Quote:
The beginning of the 'Shades of Death Trail'. The lighting was spectacular. I really got some dramatic shots at Hickory Run.
Great shots. Great lighting.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #20

Quote:
DaMan's beloved twisted and contorted branch is in the 1st photo. I got that last photo by walking out into the middle of the creek using the rocks as stepping stones.
Ohh....I like that last shot!

Tags
2013, hickory, park, run, state