Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Natural Areas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #41
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Would you do something about threads that haven't been started
Sorry....But I hadn't any time to go off leapfrogging with you but am now working my way back into the flow of things.
Quote:
When I put my photos in folders.... the next time I open the folders they're not in the order I want to post em in anymore
Been there done that I don't know HOW many times until I realized....
Clicking upon the REFRESH arrows before closing the folder SAVES them in their NEW positions!!!!
Soooo....
All you need to do is...Make and name folders for what you've already sorted and HIT "refresh" before closing.
There...Your desk has been cleared for creating new folders for the incoming.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #42

Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010667.jpg
Colors were at their peak near Rock spring trail.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010670.jpg
Pond scouts.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010675.jpg
Guppy like fish filled the pond.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010677.jpg
Swamp things rose above.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010679.jpg
Toying around in Black and white produced some awesome images.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #43

Equill the hole you were taking photos of was the one I had led you to in post #19.
You must not have heard me tell you I had found a ground nest!

Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010702.jpg
I'll be following you to Fall Hollow and beyond.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #44

While Equill was at the base of the Fall Hollow falls I took a gander at what the highland had to offer.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010716.jpg
A small streams flows towards the creek-bed below.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010717.jpg
The almost vertical.. (Although it doesn't look that way in the photo) path leads me into turning around to exit from which I had came.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010718.jpg
Hmmmmm The uphill climb does not look much better!
I chose to go with the slippery leaf filled slide downhill. Sitting and choosing to slide in a somewhat controlled fashion seemed all the better than grasping roots and falling on my face in a questionable uphill battle. .
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010737.jpg
Enjoying nature
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010726.jpg
Destrying nature

Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #45

Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010735.jpg
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010736.jpg
Exploring and toying around with the options on the new camera before moving on to Jackson Falls, TN

Quote:
Hazelnut: In the area around Nashville are the limestone caves and waterfalls and the pictographs are still preserved in the caves.
I find caves very intriguing....
I had directions all set to go to the two main caves near Nashville but Equill and I were too scrunched for time homeward bound.
One more day like I had suggested she take off was just not possible... however we freely enjoyed many others along the way.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010762.jpg
A small cave loomed overhead, deemed a bit too slippery to attempt to reach.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010743.jpg
Natchez Trace Parkway-dscf7446.jpg
With the surrounding area overflowing in asters...Bees, wasps and hornets abound.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #46

I got a kick over the elderly pair making their way all the way down...step by slow step and aaaaaall the way back up....
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010757.jpg
Out of all the rocks in a bucket..... to have chosen a guy like that!

Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010785.jpg
Put the peddle to the meddle.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010792.jpg
After romping with the kitties and a good nights rest, we're off to Dixon Springs!
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010796.jpg
I liked the Dixon springs area. It was filled with tiny little oaks just awaiting to grow up.
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010802.jpg
Ohhh How I wanted to hop that fence and keep on a going!

Old 02-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #47

Quote:
Equill: Brownie points if someone can give the name of the tree in the last 2 photos of post #31 It's 1 of my favorite trees for its bark and its spectacular fall colors and I've planted a few as "ornamentals" by my house.
No Kidding! Mine too! I dug and moved few of those last fall and have them on hold in the garden bed over Winter until I can fire out just where I want to plant them. They are gorgeous!!!
Natchez Trace Parkway-dscf6896.jpg
This was taken local. Same thing isn't it???

This was interesting...
Natchez Trace Parkway-p1010825.jpg
To find these growing in a natural habitat.

Our next stop in Shawnee national forest shall be....Bell smith Springs: Bell smith Springs...Shawnee National forest

Old 03-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #48
Official Plant Nerd

Your computer is set up differently than mine. This for sure does work, “Clicking upon the REFRESH arrows before closing the folder SAVES them in their NEW positions!!!! UNTIL my computer is restarted and then it reverts back to the default view and the numerical order of the photos NOT the order I wanted them in to post. It’s part of some sort of a security feature that’s clearing cache and preferences for me while looking for any malware. The desktop will hold the order of my icons and photos and I can arrange them in blocks of 2-5 running down so I know exactly which 1s I want posted together in a thread. Normally I like getting photos out within a few weeks of visiting somewhere….. this just went on for months and months and months. Too long for my peon brain to remember all the details associated with every photo I took. Maybe if I was a scrapbooker or trying to put something together for the kids or any kids they’ll have I’d have write ups of every place I’ve gone but…. kids are living their own lives and taking their own journeys and the last thing I want to saddle them with when I croak is a coupla hundred thousand photos. What I do is I sit at the computer with them and run through photos of places I’ve gone when I come home or put some on a jump drive and mail em to em. We re-use the jump drives. After that….. I save maybe 5-15 photos from each listed location along with the date inside the photo software and delete the rest. The only thing I save for us is family photos….. it’s always been fun looking back at past Thanksgiving Day days and the same thing goes for any other family gathering or special event. This way if any of them are interested in what I was doing with my friends waaaaaaaay back when….. they’re not stuck weeding through a gazillion photos that would be meaningless to them unless they’d visited those sites themselves. It works for me. I think they’ll appreciate my system… they’ll be able to get to the family photos they’ll want without having to wade through photos of my plants…. chickens… waterfalls… kittens….. soap making…. natural areas…. dragonflies….snags…. and well….. you catch where I’m going….. most of those photos outlive their usefulness to even me after a while so why save em>>>?
--
I got a kick over the elderly pair making their way all the way down...step by slow step and aaaaaall the way back up....” They weren’t just elderly….. they were awe inspiring. He said he was 92 years old and originally from Canada!!!! Incredible!!!! I was totally impressed they handled that grade together.
--
This was taken local. Same thing isn't it???” What's your "gut" tell you? You're getting really good at identifying plants!!! Trust yourself and you tell me!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #49

Quote:
Normally I like getting photos out within a few weeks of visiting somewhere.
Myself as well while things are still fresh in the memory. I just had too much on the plate with the Holidays, helping mother unpack (Cleaned goods after the fire) sorting, and selling at the multiple shows as they arrived to do so this time around.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #50
Official Plant Nerd

I'm looking back at your photos again and the toitles on the log is excellent!!!! Wanna go to a Mothapalooza with me, http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...ch-moth-2.html ?

Tags
dixon springs, falls park, jackson falls, natchez, parkway, trace