Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Natural Areas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
I went ahead of hava so she could take a potty break... he he he.... somebody should ask her how brave she was going when she did BECAUSE I told her there were 2 people coming our way not far behind us!!! Talk about risking getting caught with your pants down!!!
Hey when nature calls. You gotta go when you gotta go. I knew they weren't far behind us but I also know how fast I can be, need be.
I went into super pay attention mode. I could hear-feel the grinding pebbles against the rocky base as they approached.
Shawnee National Forest, Rim Rock Trail-p1000741.jpg
I also had the advantage of a pee.....p hole overlooking the upcoming trail. It was a RUSH to get um yanked up in time.
WHEW....Mission accomplished! Where to next?

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Official Plant Nerd

I still can't believe you went when you went. I woulda been doing a pee-dance jig for as long as it took for them to get in front of me THEN I woulda peed!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #13

I've got squatters rights!
Once I heard the pebbles grinding beneath their feet it was all ONE fluid motion. (No pun intended )
As I rose pivoting towards the opposite direction, my pants followed, my hands quickly fastening the belt. By the time they came around the corner I was already in position pointing the camera at the closest thing I could find. We exchanged hellos then gave them a bit of time before I proceeded on up the trail to you. I bet you were thinking...Ah Ha, Hava just got caught with her pants down when they showed up ahead of me.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
Official Plant Nerd

"I bet you were thinking...Ah Ha, Hava just got caught with her pants down".... Uh uh… wrong. I was up on the overlook and spotted em way down there as 2 little dots moving toward the lower stone staircases and off like a bullet I went…. to your rescue…. down a hundred stairs or so… through the squeeze…. around the bend….. down more stone stairs trying to run interception for you. I couldn’t see you anywhere so figured you’d hopped off like a frog with your pants around your ankles so I started making small talk with them trying to buy you time and now I find out you claimed squatters rights>>>>? Too funny…. I woulda left you to your own devices and foregone running down all those stairs only to have to go back up em again if I woulda known that!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #15

Ok Ok It's time to move on....
Our next stop will be in Mid section of the Shawanee national forest system...... Cache river state national Area. Cache River State Natural Area, IL

Old 11-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #16
Official Plant Nerd

1 of our kids went to Rim Rock last weekend with some friends from college. They took some photos with their cell phones. Do you know how to get photos off cell phones and onto a computer so they can be posted? I know my cell phones take photos but... I have no clue how to do it let alone how to get them off the cell phone and onto my computer. Supposedly they did all of Pounds Hollow trail and.... they've got photos of an owl. I'd like to get the owl photos they took at Rim Rock into this thread somehow.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #17

Check into Sages public profile....
She had started some kind of a help thread last week or so that may help you out.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #18

our next stop... Cache River State Natural Area, IL

Tags
forest, national, rim, rock, shawnee, trail