Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Natural Areas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #31
Official Plant Nerd

ww> "Hey Equilibrium, heck ya that sounds fun. I'll ask you next fall." Oh this sounds an adventure in the making.... we'll be the 4 Muskateers!!! Ya know.... another option might be late spring. If we get rain.... it won't be so dry down there and the waterfalls would be running. Spring's another beautiful time of year.
--
FWIW.... my husband wants to take a closer look at Arkansas and I want him to take a closer look at Alabama before we start finalizing a place to retire. Right now we're about ready to flip a coin between TN or NM.... it's coming down to which state will be the path of least resistance with our professional licenses but there's something about AR that he says is worth a good long hard look so we might be down your way in the next year or so. We're gonna have to button down a location soon so we can start seriously looking for a place SO WE CAN GET OUT of the Chicago area. He's from this area and even he can't stand this rat race any more and we both know we won't be able to afford living here once our income goes down. Me.... aside from the hideous cost of living.... I'm from the UP and never could stand living down where we live and.... I never did fit in here with most of these people anyway and to boot.... my favorite neighbors are moving out of state. Most of the people around Chicago are too serious and waaaaaaaay too litigious not to mention the crime rate has been going through the ceiling and I'm flat out tired of having to put away everything that isn't nailed down. I can't believe the way folk down your way use their porches like we use our basements and nothing gets stolen!!! I saw lazy boy type recliners on porches and tvs and even bikes and scrap metal left out and nobody would do that if "stuff" was getting ripped off like it is up here so that will be a welcome change too!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #32
Fox

oh wow Equilibrium, I've tried writing a reply several times, I just keep cracking up laughing, then I 'time out' and forgot to copy,...so I'll just leave it as: you & yours are welcome here anytime.

ww
wildwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #33
Official Plant Nerd

It's killing me wanting to read a funny!!! What you're describing used to happen to me all the time. I dunno if this will help or not but.... in the upper right hand corner under that "contact us" where you type in your username there is a little box you can check that says "remember me". Check that next time you log in and it should remember you if you time out walking away from your computer when you're in the middle of typing something or if you just take too long typing!! I wanna know what made you crack up laughing!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #34
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

That's it for OUR journey through The garden of the Gods.
Now lets take a meander over to "Rim rock" located just East of garden of the Gods. Shawnee National Forest, Rim Rock Trail

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest, national, shawnee, southern