Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Natural Areas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #21
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Then I hope you enjoy seeing the autumn hues with us here!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by biigblueyes View Post
We don't get much in the way of fall color...we just get green, then brown, then bare.
Aw. That is news to me...thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Then I hope you enjoy seeing the autumn hues with us here!
...and nice of you to share our fall color with biigblue!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #23

We're getting all the housework done today I hope because the next two days should have sun to light up the jewel tones of the landscapes!
Laundry done; Cookiecat grooming not yet; bed changed done; clean raja's closet not yet; pull out all the plants on the balcony, put in bags, take to basement, not yet.
dap, do you go to Trader Joes? Pittsburgh and Philly, maybe more. I'm so excited one just opened in Rochester, about 60 minutes from here and a nice ride along Lake Ontario, so we don't have to go to Pittsburgh or Cleveland for one! Yea!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #24

Quote:
We're getting all the housework done today I hope because the next two days should have sun to light up the jewel tones of the landscapes!
Laundry done; Cookiecat grooming not yet; bed changed done; clean raja's closet not yet; pull out all the plants on the balcony, put in bags, take to basement, not yet.
Aside from the usual laundry, I'm surprised that we got some other stuff done. Jeff decided today was the day to rearrange our bedroom furniture--well, put it back the way it was since he wasn't crazy about the change he made this summer.

Oh well, we have a huge list of "not yet" done things too. Maybe knowing that we might have people visiting next year is enough to get a fire lit under us. (I know, we have a year to mess it up too...but if we can reduce what we have, it will be easier to keep it clean.

Quote:
dap, do you go to Trader Joes? Pittsburgh and Philly, maybe more. I'm so excited one just opened in Rochester, about 60 minutes from here and a nice ride along Lake Ontario, so we don't have to go to Pittsburgh or Cleveland for one! Yea!
I've never been to a Trader Joe's...but I did an internet search to see where they are...none near me, but looks like there is one in State College which is along our route when visiting family.

You seem to be quite a fan; what do you like so much about Trader Joe's?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 10-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #25

It's just a really cool place to shop, lots of interesting foods, great store brands, fresh prepared items like a garbanzo bean salad I love, and very low prices! A same brand chai was half the price of our local market for example. Half! That's a huge difference! And there are always loads of fresh flowers at the entrance!
I'm so happy TJs in Naples and Rochester now!
This is a great time of year to grab the coolers and take a ride to the nearest one you can find! We've gone to TJs in Pittsburgh, Philly, Cleveland and Danbury!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #26

Quote:
It's just a really cool place to shop, lots of interesting foods, great store brands, fresh prepared items like a garbanzo bean salad I love, and very low prices! A same brand chai was half the price of our local market for example. Half! That's a huge difference! And there are always loads of fresh flowers at the entrance!
I'm so happy TJs in Naples and Rochester now!
This is a great time of year to grab the coolers and take a ride to the nearest one you can find! We've gone to TJs in Pittsburgh, Philly, Cleveland and Danbury!
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to stop at one if I ever get the chance. We'll keep an eye out for the one that is on our way.

Congrats on getting one near you.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #27

And it just dawned on me that TJs will surely have pumpkin pie! I love their baked goods! We've been looking for pumpkins pies around here lately. Tops had one so horrible we took it back and got a refund, $7.49. Even raja agreed it was awful! That's going some! Wegmans didn't have any, vin-Chet's a no, even the Amish store had none.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to stop at one if I ever get the chance. We'll keep an eye out for the one that is on our way.

Congrats on getting one near you.
You're in PA, how far can it be?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #29

Quote:
You're in PA, how far can it be?
Well, from what I saw on their sites locater map, the closest would still likely be a 5 hour round trip. That is why I figured stopping on the way back from visiting family makes the most sense...unless we are heading out near any of them for another reason.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #30

Quote:
And it just dawned on me that TJs will surely have pumpkin pie! I love their baked goods! We've been looking for pumpkins pies around here lately. Tops had one so horrible we took it back and got a refund, $7.49. Even raja agreed it was awful! That's going some! Wegmans didn't have any, vin-Chet's a no, even the Amish store had none.
I love a good pumpkin pie.

I've never heard of vin-Chet's. ...but we do have Wegman's around here.

Tags
cute couple, fall, festival, foliage, leaves, photos, post