Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Green Products and Service Providers > Native Plant Nurseries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #21
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerBOO View Post
You can file for a self-employment if you just do contract work. Contacting a local nursery that you can grow plug starts for and they can contract you for a number of plants. Programmers do this all the time and just have to file for taxes at the end of the year. If you keep track of your expenses and keep outside inputs to a minimum, its pretty simple to file. (Soil, seeds, fertilizer, labor, containers).

The nitty gritty: Small Businesses & Self Employed
Thanks, rB.

If I ever do something like this, that will likely be the way I go about it.

So, disuhan, are you still there? I can imagine that this is a bit overwhelming. I still love your idea, and I hope you are able to make a go at it if that is what you decide.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #22
Grub

Yes I am still here and I am quite overwhelmed. But I am also closing on a house this week and in New York packing/going insane. I will gather my thoughts and reply in detail next week.
disuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #23
Grub

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I am wowed by the responses with so much great info. It's put a lot of crazy thoughts in my head (in addition to those house stuff)!
disuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by disuhan View Post
Yes I am still here and I am quite overwhelmed. But I am also closing on a house this week and in New York packing/going insane. I will gather my thoughts and reply in detail next week.
Quote:
I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I am wowed by the responses with so much great info. It's put a lot of crazy thoughts in my head (in addition to those house stuff)!
Wow! You have a LOT on your plate right now. Moving is way up there as one of the most stressful experiences. Hang in there, focus on what you need to do.

Hopefully, once things settle down, you will be able to focus more clearly on what you want to do in the way of a native plant nursery. It does sound like a lot to deal with, but perhaps, breaking it down into smaller "do-able" tasks will get you there. Also, perhaps you could start out doing some facet of what you dream of...and work your way up to a full-fledged nursery--or discover that that one facet is enough for you. Hang in there.

No rush for response. Take care.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 06-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #25
WG Facilitator

Best of luck - I hope it's so successful it makes your head spin!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #26

Quote:
I didn't mean to sound ungrateful.
I didn't think you sounded ungrateful at all...I just kept thinking how overwhelming this sounded to me...and I was wondering how you were taking it.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by biigblueyes View Post
Best of luck - I hope it's so successful it makes your head spin!
~smile~ That is sweet.

I agree...I hope she can really make a go of it.

As for me, I'm thinking more along the lines of growing plugs--some day.

Tags
native, nursery, plant, starting