Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Sustainability > Livestock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Oopsie... I miscounted Mabel's kits. She's only got 9 which is still good. Pillsbury went out and counted them. He did something that made me laugh.... he put a divider in the nest box and moved them 1 by 1 from 1 side of the divider to the other side then back again as a recount. There's only 9. I watched. He said he did it that way because he kept losing count of how many there were in the clump of black bunnies all writhing around changing places.
--
Hedge> I'm coming. I was thinking of flying because it'd be cheaper than driving but I've found a few places I wanna stop at on the way down and back. I dunno how much the tickets cost but.... could you get em and let me know how much I owe you so we don't get shut out? That lunatic tour's really intereting to me. There's a few areas down by you with waterfalls I'd like to see too if you're game.
. I'm up for waterfalls any day. I'll get Polyface squared away, too. I am really looking forward it!
Hedgerowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I'm still game for a romp your way Booboo....Let us know when you're up to it!
I get to hold the little fella Alllllllllllllll the way nuzzling my face into his soft warmth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgerowe View Post
I'm up for waterfalls any day. I'll get Polyface squared away, too. I am really looking forward it!
What have you two planned? I must have missed the discussion.
How far of a detour would it be to Hedgerowes on our way to see Biigblueyes (if it happens) We could meet or pick her up along the way.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
Official Plant Nerd

4B> I PROMISE if either 1 of us has any sniffles that aren't allergy related... we WON'T come and we'll go back to the drawing board and pick another date to crash your place!!!
--
Congratulations!!! I've got a total of 13. Odds are 75% will make it and 1 of the bouncing black babies will be YOURS. You aren't like gonna try competing with our oldest in the fertilizer sales department are you? Don't be coming up with any private label poops now ya hear!!! Just kidding!!! The poops are fantastic.... you don't even need to compost em!!! Quick question for ya.... is a bunny that's not show quality ok by you? I dunno exactly how many I'm gonna have that are show quality and I called in what was born to the state Ag Rep and he's given my name out to some parents with special needs kids. I think I've got 2 more so far in addition to the kid coming over today that staked a claim. Could your bunbun be a pet quality? If not.... that's totally cool and I'll just call the Ag Rep back tomorrow and tell him the show quality bunnies are all spoken for. About half will be show quality based on the lines and about half won't be. Figure 9-10 will make it so that's 4-5 that could be entered into a county or state fair.
--
hava> Here you are again!!! Yaaa!!!
--
The lunatic tour we looked into last year but.... the date had already come and gone by the time we found it and well.... I had big time problems with soccer tournament conflicts anyway. It's Sept 29th this year and soccer is over for good since the last 1's flying the coop this August. I'm going this year... the days of being a soccer mom are OVER!!! The waterfalls are a bonus!!! I'd LOVE it if you would drive with me!!! It'd be so MUCH more fun driving down with you instead of driving down by my lonesome.
--
You can for sure hold little black bunny fru fru en route to 4B's place!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
WG Operations, Facilitator

Equilibrium-
A pet quality bunny is just fine! Because that is what the bunny will be, a pet!

The only thing in my schedule over the summer are dr. appointments, but I can work around them. You gals just give me a call when you're ready to visit. I don't need much notice at all.

Now I'm going to plant some carrots for bunbun!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #15

Equill....Thanks for moving the trip discussions back to the meeting W.G members thread. http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...members-3.html
Boo boo could you boink back into that link so we can get a date set up.
There are currently 4 different possible W.G. trips in the brewing stages for this summer also included in that link.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
Official Plant Nerd

Day 3 and.... drum roll please... all 13 are still alive and it's looking like they've all got full bellies.
--
I'd take photos but... Mabel's not too happy about yesterday's visit from strangers. She was stomping her feet and giving warning sounds every time they came close to her hutch so I ended up having em step out so I could get in and pull the nest box out which.... whigged her out. I'm gonna hold off taking more photos for about a week. I don't want her stressing and eating a baby or anything. In about a week or so.... I think she'll calm down. This is her 1st litter. I'm thinking it's just all too new to her.... babies.... strangers.... my husband pulling out her nest box for a count and a recount... our oldest pulling out her nest box for peeks...me pulling out her nest box for photos and baby bunny belly checks.... it's just too much. Lucy was fine until Mabel started stomping so I'm leaving her nest box alone for a while too.
--
Photos will come.... just not for a week or so. Believe me.... I'd love to get in there and take photos but she's totally stressed about even me handling em after yesterday.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
Official Plant Nerd

These bunnies were all born on April 20th so they're just over a week old. None of them have their eyes open but I spotted 1 that had 1 eye where the corner looked like it would be open tomorrow. It's always fun when they start opening their eyes. Before their eyes open... they're all like a bunch of Mexican jumping beans every time you put your hand in the nest box. About a week after their eyes open, they're not so boingy. Good thing the sides are high or they'd go boinging out.
--
The 1st photo is Mabel's kits. All 9 are doing great. The 2nd photo is 1 of Mabel's kits. That's the 1 I think will have an eye open tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's left eye will open up.... we'll see.
--
All 4 of Lucy's babies are doing great too. She's got 1 whopper in her litter.... it's a mutant. The photos of her kits didn't turn out too well or you could have seen the size difference between the mutant and the 3 others in the nest box. I must have moved or something because they looked like a blurred blob of black. The 3rd photo is the whopper, it's 1 of Lucy's babies. I've got my eye on that 1 for 4B. It's a slug and it's never boinged or anything... it's really laid back.... it's so laid back I thought it was dead a few times. Check out the size of Slug Bunbun compared to the others. Pretty wild, eh?
--
4B> We've been taking your bunny on day trips to the nuclear power plant. That's why it's 2x the size of all the others and... it is. Just kidding about trying to make it glow. It literally does weigh 2x as much as all the other bunnies and I've got a good scale so there's no mistaking the weight difference. We're talking it's a porker compared to the others. If it keeps up with its easy going temperament.... this rabbit would be a natural in a nursing home. Rabbits are different than the usual dogs brought in so a visit from anyone with a slug bunny that would sit nice in residents' laps without scratching the crap out of em.... would be welcome. I dunno if you're into anything like that or not though.
Attached Thumbnails
An awwwwwwww day.-img_8832.jpg   An awwwwwwww day.-img_8819.jpg   An awwwwwwww day.-img_8820.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #18

Quote:
4B> We've been taking your bunny on day trips to the nuclear power plant. That's why it's 2x the size of all the others and... it is. Just kidding about trying to make it glow.
Howling with laughter here!!! Can you hear me!?!

So right now you have both baby bunnies and baby chickies?
Well that's it then, I wanna come and live you.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #19

What name have you chosen for your new little Belugabun?

Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #20

havalotta, I have chosen Bun-Bun for my bunny name.

Bun-Bun will be a spoiled rotten pet with deluxe accomodations and chow.

Tags
awwwwwwww, baby babies, baby bunnies, birth, breeding stock, bunny, day, kits, rabbit