Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Miscellaneous Gardening Boards > Landscape and Garden Design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #11
Hippie Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
I've thought about becoming a supplier for local (within 2 hours or so of us) native plant nurseries. Who knows if I ever will--and, I'm betting that I don't know just how much work is involved!

By the way, I don't think you are all that much older than me--don't make me feel old before my time. Hey, what happened to the "young at heart" comment?
I may still be young at heart....but I'm still too old to be starting a business! Hubby and I are actually starting to think about retirement. It's a few years off yet, but we can at least start to think about it. My kids like to say that I only"play the OLD card" when it suits my purposes

It's not out of the question that I may try to sell some of my overstock plants at the small garden center where I work. I'd have to work out the details of tagging and price and such. And, of course, okay it all with the store owner (who knows NOTHING about plants of any kind).
Old 07-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #12
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
It makes me think of what someone told me when we first moved here, it was almost the Hippocratic Oath, "first do no harm" watch the land before you do anything. That's not much different than what gardeners say about waiting a year before putting a shovel to the ground on a new property.
I told my new neighbors something VERY similar when they moved in next to us. Let it be until you see what each species is capable of doing or producing before chopping it out or down. MOST stayed!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laid, plans