Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Invasive Species > Invasive Fauna

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Oh, we have safflower seed! Think the starlings will just sit by and watch?

I'm sure the dvd will be here by Thursday, and it's going to be too cold to go out! Yea!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #22
Unicellular Fungi

They don't eat safflower seed by me.

Quote:
I'm sure the dvd will be here by Thursday, and it's going to be too cold to go out! Yea!
A part of me feels like teasing with you that you that your postal workers union doesn't go on strike or that the pilot light to your furnace doesn't go out. You are going to report back to let me know how good it is aren't you? I need something to look forward to other than being another year older for my birthday.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #23

Oh, and I caught these shots today but I can't help seeing how cute she is, even though........
Attached Thumbnails
Photos of Invasives-p1160386-1.jpg   Photos of Invasives-p1160387-1.jpg  
Old 02-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #24
Unicellular Fungi

It was real hard for me to view them as cute again after I watched some of those videos and saw what they did around my home but we have to remember that the English house sparrows are not to blame. It's not their fault their doing what they're hard wired to do. Did you know their numbers are declining dramatically in their native range?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLorax View Post
They don't eat safflower seed by me.

A part of me feels like teasing with you that you that your postal workers union doesn't go on strike or that the pilot light to your furnace doesn't go out. You are going to report back to let me know how good it is aren't you? I need something to look forward to other than being another year older for my birthday.
Oh, now your gonna try to lay a "guilt trip" me? And I'm going to watch it on our new 52" TV!

:::gotta make snacks early before the mail comes:::
Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #26

Quote:
It was real hard for me to view them as cute again after I watched some of those videos and saw what they did around my home but we have to remember that the English house sparrows are not to blame. It's not their fault their doing what they're hard wired to do. Did you know their numbers are declining dramatically in their native range?
Aren't they declining across the US too? Thought I read that. I just think they're all beautiful and can't blame them for being..........
Old 02-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #27
Unicellular Fungi

Gosh, didya have to include my typos in that quote? You brutella you. A 52"? I hope it's one of those fancy plasma or lcd jobs with a perfect picture. Get yourself a spiral and take good notes. I want every last juicy detail.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Gosh, didya have to include my typos in that quote? You brutella you. A 52"? I hope it's one of those fancy plasma or lcd jobs with a perfect picture. Get yourself a spiral and take good notes. I want every last juicy detail.
Hahaahha! The pic is unbelievable! Roger really researched it well first and got a couple of those $80 cables and a blu-ray. Of course, now we won't ever go out to eat again, or to a movie, or on vacation, but! So those WEEDS are going to be so big and beautiful!!! I told him we had to get it in case I won the January contest!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #29
Unicellular Fungi

You are making it very difficult for me to be a gracious loser. You have that new blue-ray? I have received several gifts of blu ray dvds and I don't have a tv or a blue ray dvd player to watch my gifts. I have an entire National Geographic Series that I think is in blue ray and some Discovery Channel blue rays. How much does a blue ray dvd player cost?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #30

Quote:
You are making it very difficult for me to be a gracious loser. You have that new blue-ray? I have received several gifts of blu ray dvds and I don't have a tv or a blue ray dvd player to watch my gifts. I have an entire National Geographic Series that I think is in blue ray and some Discovery Channel blue rays. How much does a blue ray dvd player cost?
You mean, with the 52"? And the high-def cable service? Why don't I just send you my address?

We love watching Discovery channel, NatGeo and Animal Planet stuff!

Tags
invasives, photos