Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Invasive Species > Invasive Fauna

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Salamander

Default Puppy

This is a darker poem I made up about a puppy, last year one of my house staff brought a pit bull puppy to our group home, she couldn't keep the dog she got from a friend as her rental wouldn't allow it. ( I personally don't think cats belong in rental suitations as most of the time they end up de clawed) I suspect the actions in this poem may have actually happened to the animal in question.

Puppy.

Puppy oh puppy wants to live, to love and licks forever give. But cut the rope that ties him not innocence shall be forgot. For he was labeled a dangerous breed few shall answer to his need. Karias apartment will not allow pits he could become kibbles and bits.

Please buy me the dog says my roommate now. How will you take care of it I vow. You live on penny's day by day Addictions rule a shattered sway. Mike himself would never allow few shall answer to his play bow. I'll give it to a friend say karia my staff against the will of the puppy's behalf. Later her friend backs out now a puppy's future is lost about. Darkness has sealed its fate Satan and death cant wait for a room of death dark and cold sheltering media lies of old. That all find homes in this world is a lie that is sent to the lambs of innocence. A lonely puppy is in a cage societies scorn predjuces rage a minute passes then 2 by 4 a staff opens the door. Barking and jumping playfully he is led away mother death has come to play. Licking playfully a gloved hand that will send him to shadow land, suddenly a needle is put inside a puppy's fear he cannot hide then dcomes a sleeping death as the goddess steals his breath

Puppy oh puppy only wanted to live to love and licks forever give but cut the rope that ties him not innocence shall be forgot. A body in a barrel he is now inside the whole truth I cannot hide. A man from a truck will haul them away the sides the truck show clearly as day to serve the petfood industery.
GonativeAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Heron

What a downer :>(...Reminds me of the words to "Puff the Magic Dragon"
Third year they leap; So plant some today
sprucetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Salamander

Thanks for the complament., I know its sad but hopefully it helps stop these kinds of things from happening,.
GonativeAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Your poem touched me...so, I'd say it was a success.

On a lighter note, several years ago, I was walking a trail when a couple walking with a leashed dog came by in the opposite direction. I asked if I could pet the dog. They said sure, and as I was petting him, the man said that no one had ever asked if they could pet his pitbull. LOL. I didn't know what the breed looked like, but the dog was friendly and I pet him a little longer, had a short conversation, and then walked on. I felt kind of dumb, but also kind of good as it gave the owners a chance to speak up about the breed.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Yes, they're real Niiiiiice doggies! Google Image Result for http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2010/10/07/pitbull_ball.jpg_1286400725.jpg

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Had it looked like that demon-dog, I'd never have asked to pet it!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
Fox

And now...the rest of the story.

Pit Bull Heroes Hall of Fame | BSL News
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Heron

very nice, thank you for sharing !!
Doozerdoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog, dogs, poem, poetry, puppy, writing