Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Insects, Arachnids, & Gastropods (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/insects-arachnids-gastropods/)
-   -   Out of Town (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/insects-arachnids-gastropods/8709-out-town.html)

suunto 07-14-2011 10:54 AM

Out of Town

To All - I will be leaving WV for ND (family farm) in a couple of hours; could be gone for up to two weeks and am unsure about having internet access while there (telecommunications still not fully restored there because of extensive flooding). Will be trying to help my brother with damage assessment & repairs to farmstead. If I can find access, will check in from time to time. Meanwhile, if I appear to 'missing' from WLG, there is a good reason...

jack 07-14-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suunto (Post 93832)
To All - I will be leaving WV for ND (family farm) in a couple of hours; could be gone for up to two weeks and am unsure about having internet access while there (telecommunications still not fully restored there because of extensive flooding). Will be trying to help my brother with damage assessment & repairs to farmstead. If I can find access, will check in from time to time. Meanwhile, if I appear to 'missing' from WLG, there is a good reason...

Your expertise will be missed, that's for sure!! Hope the damage wasn't too extensive. And, be safe doing the repairs!!!

havalotta 07-14-2011 02:39 PM

Not to worry.
Thank you for telling us....It's much better knowing that than wondering if you're missing in action because of some sort of health reasons.

dapjwy 07-14-2011 03:16 PM

I agree with jack and havalotta on both counts.

Have a safe trip.

Sage 07-14-2011 07:11 PM

I suspect you'll have plenty of ID questions awaiting your return suunto! :)

Please have a safe and successful trip and I hope the damage can be repaired. Today, I was just feet away from the edge of Niagara Falls, and as usual, I am totally awed by the power of water.

dapjwy 07-14-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 93873)
I suspect you'll have plenty of ID questions awaiting your return suunto! :)

I just took several things that need IDs! :) I've held back on uploading them, but there are a couple bugs, a caterpillar, and a spider waiting to upload. :)

Bulucanagria 07-15-2011 11:08 PM

Good luck and Godspeed.

Bulucanagria 07-15-2011 11:09 PM

And of course, where do you choose to announce this information...?

Bulucanagria 07-15-2011 11:46 PM

I was thinking about how much we rely on suunto for insect ID here at WG. It's made things rather easy for us and we all appreciate what he does.
But, this could be an opportunity to hone our own skills in this area. There are plenty of guides available on our shelves and on the internet so we should be able to do a fairly decent job of it. I think most people here would be starting with more knowledge about insects than 95% of the population.
Then, when suunto is able to connect, he's not facing a backlog of ID's. I know this time of year I can rack up the new bug sitings (two new ones today), so I'm going to try to put a name to 'em (Franklin? Colleen?). suunto can correct us if we're wrong and help us with any stumpers.

Haname 07-16-2011 12:19 AM

Safe travels, hope all goes well and looking forward to your return!