Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Insects, Arachnids, & Gastropods (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/insects-arachnids-gastropods/)
-   -   Graffiti.... the bug way (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/insects-arachnids-gastropods/6525-graffiti-bug-way.html)

Equilibrium 07-15-2010 07:42 PM

Graffiti.... the bug way

1 Attachment(s)
Bug graffiti!

dapjwy 07-15-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilibrium (Post 71740)
Bug graffiti!

Cool thread, cool pic! ~smile~

dapjwy 07-15-2010 08:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I hope you don't mind me adding some "graffiti" that I found the other day...but didn't realize that was what it was! ;)

havalotta 07-15-2010 11:24 PM

You gonna paint over that thar graffiti he just put on your wall? ;)
I like it.....and your, your doodle bug too.

dapjwy 07-16-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 71772)
You gonna paint over that thar graffiti he just put on your wall? ;)
I like it.....and your, your doodle bug too.

Nah, I think I'll leave it be.

I like your phrasing "doodle bug". =) Come to think of it I used to doodle a very similar design all over a blank piece of paper.

havalotta 07-16-2010 10:44 AM

When I doodle it tends to be leafy vines, curling tendrils and few bubble like objects varying in size. Once and a while a few tiny hearts sneak in....

bridget1964 07-16-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 71792)
When I doodle it tends to be leafy vines, curling tendrils and few bubble like objects varying in size. Once and a while a few tiny hearts sneak in....

I like to doodle interconnecting boxes, flowers, Pink Panther and hearts, too! Why so tiny? Remember, all we need is love! <3

havalotta 07-16-2010 01:38 PM

Soooo true..... A little love goes a long way.
I noticed the heart you created at the end.:smileyclap

Equilibrium 07-16-2010 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"I hope you don't mind me adding some "graffiti" that I found the other day" Silly you!!!! That's EXACTLY what I was hoping for!!! Show me everything you've got!!! Here's one more from me.... I'm saving the best for another day when I can find it. I know I saved it for sure but I can't remember where I stashed it. Anywhoo.... I've got a really neat photo of bug graffiti somewhere that looks like intentional art. It's pretty wild.

havalotta 07-17-2010 12:14 AM

That one looks like one of those heart charts!

havalotta 07-17-2010 12:16 AM

Are holey ones with little ant faces peeking out contenders?

Equilibrium 07-17-2010 01:57 AM

Oh sure!!! Why not but.... I've got a boatload of habitat hole photos I took and I'm going to get around to starting a hole thread. I've got some way cool holes and that photo sounds like a good hole photo contender.

dapjwy 07-17-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilibrium (Post 71866)
"I hope you don't mind me adding some "graffiti" that I found the other day" Silly you!!!! That's EXACTLY what I was hoping for!!! Show me everything you've got!!! Here's one more from me.... I'm saving the best for another day when I can find it. I know I saved it for sure but I can't remember where I stashed it. Anywhoo.... I've got a really neat photo of bug graffiti somewhere that looks like intentional art. It's pretty wild.

Silly me!

I'm sure that photo will be worth the wait. The one you just posted looks kinf of intentional in a spot or two.

havalotta 07-17-2010 09:54 AM

I''ll hang back on those until you start up the WHOLE thing.

Equilibrium 07-17-2010 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dapjwy> here ya go. I found it. havalotta> holes glorious holes, http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...-humanity.html!!!

dapjwy 07-18-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilibrium (Post 71990)
dapjwy> here ya go. I found it. havalotta> holes glorious holes, http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...-humanity.html!!!

Someone out there is a pretty good artist. It actually made me think of a cave painting for some reason.

havalotta 07-18-2010 01:29 PM

Looks just like a bird!
Appears to be some sort of quarreling magpie species?....Heckle or Jeckle

suunto 07-19-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 72064)
Looks just like a bird!

Perhaps a pterodactyl???

havalotta 07-19-2010 07:36 AM

Can't be....... I just took a closer look. It's definitely Heckle trying to catch up with Jeckle.
They saw Catnip the cat and he's packed his bag and left the house.

suunto 07-19-2010 08:49 AM

And I thought that I was the only one here old enough to remember Heckle and Jeckle...:tease

havalotta 07-19-2010 01:42 PM

Now, now, Suunto...Be nice or I'll sick Herman the mouse and his nephews after you...
There were no insect cartoons now were there...

dapjwy 07-19-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 72213)
Now, now, Suunto...Be nice or I'll sick Herman the mouse and his nephews after you...
There were no insect cartoons now were there...

Jiminy Cricket comes to mind--surprisingly, because I don't remember the Pinocchio movie very well.

I do know who Heckle and Jeckle are...I probably caught an episode or two ...in re-runs. ~smile~

havalotta 07-19-2010 10:23 PM

There you go...Back on track again .....Insects. ;)

dapjwy 07-20-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 72245)
There you go...Back on track again .....Insects. ;)

I'm good at getting off topics, but good at getting back to where we started too!

Equilibrium 07-21-2010 11:48 PM

"Perhaps a pterodactyl???" That's exactly what I said it looked like to havalotta when I spotted it!!! dapjwy> "but good at getting back to where we started too!" Good!!! Your mission.... should you choose to accept it.... it to go out and take some some au naturelle graffiti photos!!!

dapjwy 07-22-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilibrium (Post 72427)
"Perhaps a pterodactyl???" That's exactly what I said it looked like to havalotta when I spotted it!!! dapjwy> "but good at getting back to where we started too!" Good!!! Your mission.... should you choose to accept it.... it to go out and take some some au naturelle graffiti photos!!!

Am I supposed to be au naturelle or the graffiti?