Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > General Gardening Boards > House Plants and Indoor Gardening

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #41
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Oh, I have the thread, but the string for hanging - nada... Will try to get it tomorrow.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #42
Official Plant Nerd

Sage........... PLEEEEEASE oh please extend this contest another 30 days.... el crappo hito el fano for me and I still haven't had time to go get supplies. I'm on my knees.... just 30 more days. I'll be so bummed if I can't get to use the idea I had!!! I doubt ole smokin' tomato will care.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #43
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee can play with making some of those after the canning fest, browsing through "100 things you ought to see in your lifetime" and "Foraging guides", welding class, fishing, Poultry swap, cream gathering, ice cream eating, flour grinding expedition this weekend.

I had actually thought about starting a good old fashioned MUD FIGHT out in the swamp with Equill but I wasn't exactly sure how she'd take the first blow to the face. Better not! A new hearing aid would end up costing me 2 grand and more.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Sage........... PLEEEEEASE oh please extend this contest another 30 days.... el crappo hito el fano for me and I still haven't had time to go get supplies. I'm on my knees.... just 30 more days. I'll be so bummed if I can't get to use the idea I had!!! I doubt ole smokin' tomato will care.
I thought WG Admin had taken on the Judgeship by reading the following...

Quote:
Equill: Now.... who would be a good judge who probably wouldn't want to get dirty with us anyway>>>? I'm thinking WG Admin. Everyone in favor post Aye.
WG Admin gave a great big
Quote:
Aye
And got the BALL a rolling....
Quote:
Originally Posted by WG Admin View Post
Simple

1- Load your balls anyway you want using any material you want.
2- Post photos of your well hung balls.

Let's get this contest rolling. .
I think you need to ask "him"..... for the extension. I'd LOVE to see what you have a brewing!

Ohhhhh Sage....... Still sitting here twiddling Name:  Twiddling.GIF
Views: 32
Size:  4.6 KBawaiting to see yours.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #45

Lib, me too with not having any balls yet. Roger is wondering why I had to run out and spend $80 but I've had serious interruptions too which got in the way of progress. What end-date for the contest would you want?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #46
Official Plant Nerd

Poor sage is "ballless" too. I feel your pain. Maybe another 30-45 days>>>? That should get me over the hump of dealing with all the peaches coming out my ears and the game hava sent me home with that their friends "shared" with them. I work and every once in a while I end up working like 50 hours a week when I only agreed to be working like 3.5 days a week and 32 hours and that's what the killer's been with having veggie gardens AND chickens this year. I'm just now getting into a routine with the chickens and we're at the end of the veggie season so even if I get slammed with a few circuitry overload weeks at work.... I should be able to find the blasted moss I need. It's the moss!!! I've got everything else except the moss!!! I keep hoping to find that local and it's looking like I'm gonna have to mail order it.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #47

Lib, go into the woods, a park if necessary (I did not say that!) and get some off dead trees or something. Buying it means some supplier is ripping out tons of it to supply stores.
I'm going to work on the medium in a dishpan-litterpan thing and that may take all day. The weather is warm now a couple days, but by mid-week, it will be between 40s to 60s! That alone is pushing me to get it going now! Plus, I had a crappy photoshoot yesterday and was depressed with the blurry px I got. Between my eyesight, test contacts and the new G3--- I did get some cute shots of Green Herons but I think dapjwy and I are the only Heron fans here.
How about Oct 15th?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Maybe another 30-45 days>>>? I should be able to find the blasted moss I need. It's the moss!!! I've got everything else except the moss!!! I keep hoping to find that local and it's looking like I'm gonna have to mail order it.
Ohhhhh NO!
Had I known THAT was the hold up I could have given you what you needed and then some.
I have TONS of moss growing around my pond in literal SHEETS over the stepping stones! .. Too, too bad.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #49
Official Plant Nerd

October 15th or Nov 1st would be good I'd think. Maybe Nov 1st since so many of us teach and are getting back into the school year routine. I dunno.... anything's better than the middle of September. One thingie I set aside for this was a green mesh shallot bag. I'm thinking of using that for a ball made out of hoya cuttings. Another thingie I'm looking for is a hair net. I know I have some of those around here left over from another project and I can't find them. I'd like to try an African Violet in one of those.... I may have to go to a hair supply place if I can't find the ones I'd stashed here. I definitely want to try a pantyhose leg for another ball. I'd think that'd look way cool with moss growing on it hanging in a window.
--
have> I woulda taken a sheet of moss from you. I've been trying to find my receipt from Moss Acres so I can call them.... I could take some moss from here and toss it in a blender with buttermilk but that'd take waaaaaay too long to get going.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #50

If we get together with Booboo and Gloria come early October as planned remind me about it and we'll gather some for you.
Moss gets the MOST LUSH in the fall. The gathering of a cool nights dew rejuvenates it.

Tags
balls, contest, creative, dirt, dirt ball, dirty, diy, fun, hanging plants, kokedama, kokedama contest, moss, moss balls, plant, string, string garden