Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > North American News and Current Events > Hey, that's interesting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2020, 11:55 AM   #1
Grub

Default Doug Tallamy Nature’s Best Hope

I got my copy of Doug Tallamy’s new book Nature’s Best Hope. It gives a lot of good information. Much of it we know. What I appreciated was that he spoke about cultural practices, which is a topic often overlooked. Just planting native plants doesn’t help if we mow, shred and mulch everything that falls on the lawn.

Margaret Roach interviewed him on her podcast and brings up some of the points I thought were the most interesting in the book. You can listen to or read a transcript of the interview at the link below.

https://awaytogarden.com/how-conserv...res-best-hope/
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
Grub

Thanks Martha I'll check that out. I got the book but haven't read the whole thing yet. I listened to a couple other interviews he was on, the In Defense of Plants interview was pretty good. Hope his message reaches a lot of people
skip1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:47 AM   #3
Grub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip1909 View Post
Thanks Martha I'll check that out. I got the book but haven't read the whole thing yet. I listened to a couple other interviews he was on, the In Defense of Plants interview was pretty good. Hope his message reaches a lot of people
At the end of the book there are 10 action steps, where he basically summarizes his message. Good information that always bears repeating.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doug, hope, nature’s, tallamy