Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > North American News and Current Events > Hey, that's interesting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
WG Staff

Thumbs up Judge Rules Delta Farmerís Use of Pesticides a Form of Trespassing

Judge Rules Delta Farmerís Use of Pesticides a Form of Trespassing
July 10th, 2012
Denver Post

Judge Rules Delta Farmer’s Use of Pesticides a Form of Trespassing | Cornucopia Institute
excerpt from above:
Quote:
DELTA, Colo. (AP) Ė A Colorado judge has ruled that a farmer spraying against mosquitoes needs to prevent the pesticide from drifting into a neighboring organic farm, likening the action to a form of trespassing.

Judge Charles Greenacre ruled Thursday thatÖ
Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff View Post
Judge Rules Delta Farmer’s Use of Pesticides a Form of Trespassing
July 10th, 2012
Denver Post

Judge Rules Delta Farmer’s Use of Pesticides a Form of Trespassing | Cornucopia Institute
excerpt from above:
I find this precedent setting case to be encouraging. One would think it could be used against Monsanto Corporation. If spraying pesticides that drift onto neighbor's lands is trespassing, then wouldn't Monsanto's spraying of Round-up be trespassing, if any of it drifts onto neighbor's property?

As I type this, however, I am reminded that Monsanto is often beyond the wrath of the law, protected by statues that excuse them from laws the rest of the land must follow: http://foodfreedomgroup.com/2012/07/...-2013-ag-bill/

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Good.... I'm sick of drift.... here's hoping that ruling "drifts" into other jurisdictions. I'd really like some rulings like that in my state some day.

Tags
chemicals, delta, drift, farmer’s, farmerís, form, herbicides, invade, invasive, judge, pesticide, pesticides, precedent, rules, ruling, toxic, toxins, trespassing, tresspass, wind