Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Habitat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
1st Place Winner Winner Butterfly/Moth Contest & Official Ant Man

Default Science Nation - Mount St. Helens: Rising From the Ashes

I thought this was a neat video. It also gives me ideas of what to do with the fire place ash this year and how to establish some Lupinus perennis in the yard. I seriously planted a couple hundred seeds of this plant a few years ago and as far as I can tell every seedling has failed. Perhaps a mound of fireplace ash will help solve this problem.
MrILoveTheAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

Maybe try an inoculum for L. perennis instead of ash. I think you'll get better results faster, https://www.prairiemoon.com/other-products/inoculum/. Can't go wrong for $1.50. Nice video. I've been paying more attention to volcanoes lately. I bookmarked this site to keep up with what's going on and there's a lot going on, Global Volcanism Program | Volcanic Activity Reports | Smithsonian / USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity Report |. Supposedly there's a significant increase in volcanic activity as a result of a magnetic reversal, Troubling Global Volcanic Activity on the Rise. I remember making hydrogen peroxide volcanoes with the boys when they were little.... they've moved on to bigger and better things but I'm still interested in volcanoes.

Tags
ash, ashes, helens, invasives, landslide, lupins, lupinus perennis, mount, mount st. helens, nation, native plants, natural restoration, nature, rising, science, science nation, study, weevil, weevils, willows