Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Habitat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #41
Heron

WildWatcher
Quote:
http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...c%20notes4.png Liquidambar reminds me of my favorite song: 'Orange Blossom Special'
A song that is fast beat, frantic, busy, and builds into mania--- Yeap- that pretty well describes it.

And too funny. Maybe I best get some coffee too - that is the kind of multitasking that would be kind of relaxing.

liquidambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #42
Official Plant Nerd

Is that TED site related to Ted Nugent? My gut first told me that it might be, the first time I saw this thread, but when I made a quick tour of the site, seeking to link the site to the rockstar, I missed any connection.” Uh uh… that TED site doesn’t have anything to do with Ted Nugent. That’s Ted Turner’s baby. He’s the dude who started CNN… sold it for a pretty penny and then did the same thing with MGM and Hanna Barbara I think. He was into sailing big time and owned a sports team too. Now he owns TED and who knows what else. He was married to that Jane Fonda for a while… a match made in H E double hockey sticks. He’s pro-UN, United Nations Precipitously Falls into Irrelevance |. He’s the founder and chairman of the UN Foundation which there are a lot of people who’d like to see lose its tax exempt status along with some of his other foundations, United Nations Foundation - Ted Turner: Annual Bill Gates Letter Places Important Focus on Measurement and Impact. Supposedly…. he’s behind the commissioning of the Georgia Guidestones….. where “delusions” of the elite are now etched into stone and there’s a video of him out there acting the part of the boogeyman saying most of us will die within 30 or 40 years and what’s left of us will be cannibals if we don’t do something about global warming right now, The Georgia Guidestones and Surrounding Conspiracy Theories. He’s definitely 1 of the world’s elite…. a true blue global “humanitarian” I’m told…. fully vested in the carbon exchanges with all kinds of “green” projects up his sleeve like this, ‘Billionaires look to Obama for more taxpayer cash’ Billionaires look to Obama for more taxpayer cash | The Daily Caller, “Billionaire entrepreneurs T. Boone Pickens and Ted Turner were just the latest to make the trip. The duo delivered a joint talk in the capital city Tuesday about their alternative energy investments, and both made it clear they were there looking for handouts. ….But Pickens isn’t the only one looking for taxpayer help to support his investments. Ted Turner, the media mogul and owner of literally more land than anyone in America, was just as blunt about his ambitions. Turner recently invested millions in the solar power business, and wants to see some dough from Uncle Sam too” and more recently like this, http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-12/ted-turner-taking-coal-funds-to-create-solar-odd-couple-energy.html…. IMO…. he’s right up there with the likes of Bill Gates, George Soros, Maurice Strong, Warren Buffet, Pickens, the Rockefellers, and the DuPonts to name a few. Here’s a quote from good ‘ole Ted that gives you an idea of why he’s so well loved by BigGreen and its faithful followers, "A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.” Oh oh oh…. I almost forgot….he loves BigAg, BigChem, BigPharma, BigWind, BigEverything and he re-wrote the 10 commandments for Christians, Ted Turner's 10 Commandments - Los Angeles Times.
--
FWIW…. Ted Nugent was some sort of a big time rockstar in his hay day.... I remember him but wasn't into that loud bangy music. He’s never been high on my list for backing Bozo Bush but…. to each his own. I read an article on some land he’s got in MI that was either fully restored or in the process of being fully restored and there were photos... lots of photos. It did look like he was going at it the right way using ecologists and biologists from what I remember so I’ll give him credit for that. I’ll have to do some poking around on him….. be back.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #43
Fox

pawprint another piece of the puzzle fits

tyty Equilibrium, for all your work bringing the argument, revealing Agenda 21, the UN (United Nations), the UNF (United Nations Foundation), and some of the people & platforms connected within it. I looked at all your linked sites and found the information interesting and valuable to know about. Disturbing it is to me as I learn about these 'disaster capitalists' and their skewed theme that expects thru their destruction can their new world order thrive.

I just quite never made the connection before now, that the UN (United Nations) is in league with the IMF (International Monetary Fund), but of course it only makes sense that the economic is a major function of the WTO (World Trade Organization). Some of the pieces are beginning to fall together for me now, just yesterday I had to suffer the politician's typical flooding of new laws, I now know today... that the flood & language of it was bought and paid for, by none other than the rich sometimes disguised as benevolent, other times plainly seen as the callous leaders they want to be.

Oh my dear friend Equilibrium, I bet you weren't expecting a reply like that!

Sincerely Thank You,

ww
wildwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #44
Heron

Don't want to pry but just a little detail - just what laws are you talking about?
Health?
Environment?
What? Wild Rider
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #45
Fox

pawprint

The flood of laws, of all kinds, from U.S. & state legislatures, I can't keep up with them all... there are so many. I watch our state legislature on TV when they are in session, and they will pass hundreds of new laws every session. It is funny to watch em vote too, the guy at the chair will speed read the title, then look around for someone to argue for or against...hahaha then no one says nothing yanno, then whack the vote, and poof, all the good old boys & girls vote for it. And there is seldom even a 'no' vote, the only non-votes are the ones that forgot to show up. Oh and by the way, only the most controversial upcoming votes will actually hit the local news, but.......what about all those non-controversial votes they are producing??? They are making all kinds of micro-management LAW in a fast pace with little notice. Heck at the Federal level, those bills which sometimes become law, are thousands of pages, but if you ask any politician he will smile with his hand out & say: these laws effect everyone!

I guess I forgot to answer your question Liquidambar, but one example is that funny little piece of Law, that Obama, McCain, and my senator all happily voted for back in 2008, it was called the $700 Billion Bailout that created intentional economic destruction felt worldwide, even until this day. It didn't matter that the American public was nearly 90% against the $700 Billion Bailout law.

And by the way, the US law-makers wayyyyyyyy back in 1985 were the ones that made legal such fraudulent trading called CDS (Credit Default Swaps) you know the things that no one can explain or prove that they are a viable trade item, they are only a viable fraud item. As you know, this fraud included a large amount of mortgaged people swapping their equity for some tough times and a boot, and not just in America, this went worldwide.

ww
Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #46
Heron

Oh, I hear you Wild Rider. You know - you think people don't know - but they do - my rural mail carrier, neighbors- they know - and they seem to be at a lose at what to do because it is so massive-- there is nothing that the government has not got their hands in - but it is of course not just big government - it is big business mixed in with big government.
They don't even know where to begin to fight, or how!

I cannot even get a copy of a picture of my grandmother taken way back in 1912 at Wal Mart because they have passed some law protecting the artistic (?) of the photographer.

I can see protecting some famous pictures taken for magazines and newspapers, but the photographer that took my grandmother's picture is long dead; it is hardly magazine quality and no one is interested in her except me.

I suppose though it was all to protect Olan Mills? Even Olan Mills must have a lobbyist in Washington, pleading for royalties on all those school pictures of school kids. By the time I buy a 100 dollar picture from them -- of my own children's image --well I think it should be ALL MINE, don't you?

But somebody took over priced school picture money from parents and bought themselves a written bill.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #47
Official Plant Nerd

Ok….. here's what I found.... Nugent openly opposes the UN and any development of our wilds including the “greening” up of American deserts which is a good thing IMO, TedNugent.com, “Sometimes my inclination is to just ream these people. Instead, I say, ‘You want a salad? I’ll make you a salad. If you want a field cleared and all of the animals dead so that you can have beans for your tofu, I’ll make sure that the tractor operator kills all those animals so you can make beans for your tofu. Then, I’ll actually make you your damn salad. But, when it comes to my choice of protein, shut up!” He’s opposed to livestock management…er uh…. mismanagement…. by the BLM. Here’s something recent on him, ‘Ted Nugent dedicates killing 455 wild pigs to Bill Maher and 'animal-rights freaks,' donates meat to homeless’, Ted Nugent dedicates killing 455 wild pigs to Bill Maher and 'animal-rights freaks,' donates meat to homeless | MLive.com, “While appearing on “The Brett Winterble Show” on SiriusXM radio, Nugent said he and a fellow hunting enthusiast used an M4 rifle to kill 455 wild hogs.
“I took my machine gun in the helicopter – in the Texas hill country – me and my buddy ‘Pigman.' His name is ‘Pigman’; I’m the swine czar," Nugent told Winterble. "I killed 455 hogs with my machine gun. I did it for Bill Maher and all those other animal rights freaks out there."…. “I helped save the environment and family farms,” Nugent went on to say in the interview. “They used to take our tax money and charge us to do it.
“We took all that freshly killed organic pork and distributed tons of the most delicious pork to the soup kitchens and the homeless in this state (Texas). … The people who hate me will hate me more for doing the most environmentally sound thing.” I’m not into pork but… he DID do us a public service. Wild pigs…. conservatively…. cost the US tax payers 1.5 billion annually, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/feral-pigs-project-new-mexico-texas_n_2902876.html and BigGov isn’t doing much about them except endlessly researching what to do about them. He’s a proponent of a return to venison as a commodity. Can’t say as I disagree with him. He’s opposed to BigGov management of land and indigenous animals…. can’t say as I disagree with him there either. He believes, “if you are going to eat meat at all, getting the stuff yourself is better morally, ecologically and nutritionally than relying on a factory farm to provide it for you.” I’m definitely opposed to factory farms so I’m liking him a little more after reading that. I found where he does have a decent chunk of land in MI that’s well maintained…. a couple 1000 acres…. nothing like the millions of acres Turner owns but….evidently he does do a bang up job keeping the ickies and nasties off his land and it’s chalk full of locally native plants and animals and…. sounds as if he lets people on his property to see the ongoing restoration work…. no charge… which is nice. And…. he’s into planting trees…. North American trees. He’s rather outspoken about environmental do gooders though, “I have the American dream licked” - Salon.com, “I’ll never forget this time when I was on “Politically Incorrect,” and I met this Butterfly gal [Julia Butterfly Hill]. She had just come down from spending a year in a tree. I shook her hand, and I said, “Congratulations. You’ve got balls, kid. I like that.” But during the time she was sitting in that tree, my Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids charity program planted over 50,000 trees. And I’ve got to ask you: Would you rather spend 10 years sitting in one tree, or 10 years planting over 10,000,000 trees? We have the figures back, and they say that by the spring of ’99, my Kamp for Kids and other hunting, sporting and conservation groups were responsible for planting over 10 million trees. So I’d like to ask my critics: How many trees have you planted? How many acres of wildlife habitat have you restored? “ He’s on the money dealing with environmental issues locally…. not globally but….. his delivery was a tad bit too much in my face. And this, “We all know that pollution is a problem, but you could see a dramatic environmental upgrade without spending one increased dime if we just enforced the existing laws we have honestly and effectively. We need to demand that industry lives up to the laws we’ve already got in place. It’s not about being on the left or the right, but about confronting corruption in the industry and government. We have to get people involved. If everyone living downstream from a stinky river went to the stinky company upstream and demanded that they shut down, we would see results.” He’s totally hit the nail on the head about this not having anything to do with being on the left or the right but about enforcing the laws we have. Like I said before…. his delivery doesn’t seem to be the greatest… he’s not “polished” like Turner is but…. I couldn’t find where he’s got his hand in humanity’s cookie jar either.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #48
Official Plant Nerd

Oopsie….busy busy day for me…. I fell asleep early…. woke up and figured I’d go play online…. clicked send on that post I’d typed around lunch and didn’t realize there were any replies until after I looked at it. Sorry about that. Uh uh…. ww…. I’m really not surprised…. I’ve heard they’re advertising Agenda 21 on tv so it’s not like it hasn't become a household word now…. people are talking about it… they don’t know what to do but they’re talking and that’s a start.
--
I don’t think this is an argument though…. more of me rattling off how I interpret what I’m seeing with my own 2 eyes going on around me. I have the Moral Liberal to thank for getting me to take Agenda 21 seriously long before others did. That site openly discussed it before an ordinary person could do a search for it and get tens of thousands of hits… like this, Missouri Legislature Bans UN Agenda 21. After reading more of their articles on it and doing more of my own research…. I stopped blowing off anyone talking about it. That site was probably 1 of the 1st telling us to be on the lookout because…. smart growth would be coming to a neighborhood near us soon and by gosh by golly… they were right….. ICLEI is heeeeeeeeeeeere. Bad news….. that site went ***poof*** recently and it was 1 of my favorites…. right up there with the Kick Them All Out Project site. It was pulled with no notice… it was there last week and this week it’s gone. There’s no more access to any of their articles… not even cached versions of them which is REALLY strange. Anywhooo…. I'd link you to the articles I originally read if I could but I can’t so you’re on your own googling or yahooing. There is that Democrats Against Agenda 21 site that’s still out there that you might want to peek at. Even if someone isn’t a Democrat…. I promise it’s worth their time….. just like Nugent…. who I’m pretty sure is a Republican said, “It’s not about being on the left or the right, but about confronting corruption in the industry and government.”
--
but one example is that funny little piece of Law, that Obama, McCain, and my senator all happily voted for back in 2008, it was called the $700 Billion Bailout that created intentional economic destruction felt worldwide, even until this day. It didn't matter that the American public was nearly 90% against the $700 Billion Bailout law.” They don’t serve us anymore and they haven’t in a long time. Just thinking about all the cheatgrass, wild pigs, nutria, phragmites, and buckthorn we coulda gotten rid of and the upgrades to our sewage and water treatment plants we coulda had if those $$$ had gone to us is making me do a slow burn.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #49
Heron

Well I guess in the scheme of things my grandmother's picture is not a big dear.

I know that for, Oh Lordy, in the last 30 years; I have seen some things I never thought I would see in this country.
I never thought that people could get away with things like they have, and no one would come after them. or they would not have to answer for it.

Regardless of all that: The people get the government they deserve and I am so sick at heart about that.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #50
Fox

Thanks again Equilibrium for doing the homework on Ted Nugent. I found the salon.com article particularly interesting and funny. His brash language doesn't bother me, I like it when a person 'tells it straight as they see it'.

As for the MO & AL, their new law was interesting to find out about... maybe this might be something that AR could get interested in having.

ww

Tags
allan savory, balance, conserving, desert, drought, ecosystem, fire, grass, grasses, grasslands, graze, grazing, habitat, livestock, oxidation, prairie, sage, ted talks, topsoil, water, water depletion, wise