Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Green Products and Service Providers > Green Blogs and Websites

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 11:59 PM   #11
Official Plant Nerd

I've been behind before. I'll be behind again. "Behindedness" becomes a way of life. Don't let your tangled mess overwhelm you. Remember when we were little girls and we got sick and didn't feel good enough to brush our hair for days on end? Tangled messes of yards can be dealt with the same way we dealt with our hair. One little mat at a time. You should take some before and after photos. That way when you notice visible improvement you can reward yourself by buying a nice native herbaceous perennial tree to plant back into the area you worked. You'll be fine. Three years isn't that much from which to recover.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:46 AM   #12
Pope

A cheer goes up from the tree contingent in the stands!
Hedgerowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #13
Unicellular Fungi

A conservation gardener amongst us. How wonderful is this.

Nice blog.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #14
Grub

Was working in the garden yesterday. My neighbor's English Ivy (hisss) was threatening my shade garden. Sweet autumn clematis encroaching from the other side. Norway Maple seedlings everywhere.....I made a (very small) dent, but it's a start. I've been fighting those plants for years.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #15
Official Plant Nerd

English Ivy I've removed. It took me a while but I sent it to plant heaven. A very small dent is a dent. No two ways to look at it. A dent is a dent is a dent. Bet you felt so good after such a long sabbatical to be out in your own garden? Norway maples are hideously invasive. Those things make me want to scream. I see more and more people planting those Crimson King cultivars and I can't help but want to shout out to them asking them if they KNOW what they just bought.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:33 AM   #16
Grub

We had some satisfaction against the Norway Maples. My neighbor has lots of them in his yard some of which we endangering my roof. He doesn't take care of his house, let alone his trees, so we had them cut WAY back. Now I am not terrified everytime the wind blows thinking that one of them would wipe out my roof. That was one of the best days of my life, watching them come down. Plus they had completely shaded parts of my yard to the point where I couldn't grow anything at all. Must have spent thousands trying to find something to survive there. Now I have a whole side of my yard that again sees the sun so it's a blank slate. Goody, new plants!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
Grub

I featured NEWisc's excellent resource list of butterfly host plants and list of native plant nurseries from WG forum in an article at my blog: Native Plant nurseries of the U.S. and Canada
I attached links back here to the forum so others can find and appreciate the amazing amount of work you put into that list. Thank you so much for compiling this excellent resource.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #18
Administrator

Thank you for the wonderful comments you made.

The North American Native Plant Nurseries of the United States and Canada are stickied to the top of our Native Plants Forum. There are three threads.

North American Native Plants - Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening
Old 07-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I featured NEWisc's excellent resource list of butterfly host plants and list of native plant nurseries from WG forum in an article at my blog: Native Plant nurseries of the U.S. and Canada
I attached links back here to the forum so others can find and appreciate the amazing amount of work you put into that list. Thank you so much for compiling this excellent resource.
Thank you for your kind comments Carole. And thank you for making this information available on your Blog.

As Feerless Weeder mentioned, the native plants nursery list is part of the Native Plants forum here at WildlifeGardeners. It's the result of a lot of work by the Administrators and Staff at WG. It has been thoroughly screened by them so that only genuine Native plant nurseries get listed.
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
Grub

Quote:
the native plants nursery list is part of the Native Plants forum here at WildlifeGardeners. It's the result of a lot of work by the Administrators and Staff at WG
And a very deep thank you to all of you for your hard work!

Tags
conservation, conservationgardening, gardening, gardening for wildlife, sustainable landscaping