Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > General Gardening Boards > Glumiflorae

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #11
WG Facebook Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff View Post
Welcome to you amelanchier.
Thanks, I guess I ought to post something in the Introductions board, but I've been lurking & getting acclimated.
amelanchier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #12
WG Staff

You actually know several members already. Most are not using usernames with which you would have familiarity.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
WG Facilitator

Hello, amelanchier! Nice to have you here.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
Official Plant Nerd

Buffalo New York? I think I might know who you are. If you are who I think you are, I am the one who asked that you be invited. Very big welcome to you amelanchier.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #15
Big Fat juicy WORM

Welcome to the site. Glad to see you know more people than me, EQ...........ROFL!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Buffalo New York? I think I might know who you are. If you are who I think you are, I am the one who asked that you be invited. Very big welcome to you amelanchier.
Thanks - yes, I know who you are at any rate. I'm Jsorens on DG and amelanchier on GW. Thanks for inviting me! (In case the Admins care about this... I don't think I gave you referral credit when I signed up here, because the e-mail had a "real" name, which I forgot when I was joining. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff View Post
You actually know several members already. Most are not using usernames with which you would have familiarity.
I see - and there are several usernames I do recognize too! Nice to see how active this place has been.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #17
Administrator

We don't ask for real names from members registering. The referral credit was in the event we activated social networking and social ranking. We aren't interested in social ranking at Wildlife Gardeners.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #18
Unicellular Fungi

Welcome to you amelanchier (Lorax waves hello). I take it you are into native plants?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLorax View Post
Welcome to you amelanchier (Lorax waves hello). I take it you are into native plants?
Yes indeed! Here's my proper introduction.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelanchier View Post
Little bluestem germinates anywhere, any time. I don't think it even needs any kind of stratification. I had some germinate once in a bag of peat moss in a dark closet!
After sprinkling my little bluestem seed onto moist potting soil that I plan to put outside now, I decided to do a search about how to propagate it, the first link I clicked on brought me back here! <big grin>. It is nice to know our forum gets results!

I certainly hope amelanchier is right, because I didn't do any dry stratification that Equilibrium suggested. Here's hoping a bit of freezing and thawing will do it good.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluestem, forbs native forbs, grass, grow, little bluestem, native grasses, plant, planting, prairie dropseed, propagation, schizachyrium, scoparium, scoparium or little, seed, seeds, sow, sowing, winter sowling