Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
Official Plant Nerd

It did it but it only let me load 4 out the gate and the 5th one I had to load after the others but it still all took at once. If you guys are using new whopper cameras.... you're gonna have to get a T1 line or reduce them before you load em. I don't think rinky dink forums can handle big jpeg files.... you've got to be at a site like MSN or FLickr or some other kinda photo mogul sites with beaucoup $$$ to be loadin whoppers. I know there's a setting in my camera that I set down to a lower resolution since I'm not a photo kinda person even though I'm into taking photos I'm not into the art of em if you know what I mean.... anywhooo.... I reduced the photo size somehow and if I still end up with whoppers after cropping them I reduce them to like 800 x 600 before I load them so you can go at them 1 at a time and wait foreeeeeeeeeeeever or you can get that T1 line which'll only cost you a mere couple hundred extra a month over what you're already paying orrrrrrrrrr you can lower that 1 setting on your camera or resize em using a free program before you load em. I'm thinking you guys all have whopper new cameras with gazillions of pixels or something or else I wouldn't be able to get 5 up all at once. Sorry.... I'm brain dead and gotta go before I my head ends up in the keyboard. I've got tomorrow afternoon off too and I don't have much left to do outside so I'll see you guys tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #12
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

You shoveled ALL OF THAT THREE TIMES ....all in one day. Wow You're in aching good shape!
Would the REFLECTIONS thread be the one you are in search of....where Benj1 created the Hugelkultur beds/

We had GREAT weather today....60 some degrees... I worked outside in a sleeveless shirt dividing perennials and planting bulbs all around the new pond I set in..I ALMOST grabbed a roll of fencing to make one of those hoop compost beds but then remembered I best get scrubbed down to go for a beef Au Jus dinner...and BOY was it GOOD!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #13
WG Operations, Facilitator

Equilibrium-
Your beds are just b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

Is this the thread you are looking for? Reflections

Please repost your photos in one of our garden topic forums; they are just way to good to be stuck here in a thread entitled "error."
Seriously, your beautiful raised photos need to be seen!!! What a marvelous job you have done!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:44 AM   #14
WG Operations, Facilitator

Photo Upload Problems

As you all have seemed to figure out....New cameras are taking humongously huge pixel photos these days.

When uploading those extra large pixel photos to WildlifeGardeners, a silly token error message pops up. Basically it means that it couldn't upload the photo, because the file size was just too darn big.

I've had success resizing my photos to around 1200 to 1600 pixels. Even photos resized at 800 pixels still look great on the web site.

My little cannon takes photos that end up being around 1-2 megabyes. My husband's nikon takes photo that end up around 5 megabytes (that's a really big fat jpg file!)

Take as many high quality photos with your camera as you like, and either reduce the size when you upload them or just upload 1 or 2 at a time.

Or follow Equilibrium's advice and change the setting on your camera to lower pixel rate.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #15
Salamander

Whoa, a burden with a new $75 camera. Since I can see the screen, I can handle downloading two at a time.
Equil, how many new beds total? You should have some big show and tell veggies next year. And I believe I saw the side of a greenhouse? Some day I'm gonna rig something up for myself.
NEBogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
WG Facilitator

Equilibrium - I'm jealous. You're going to lose that title of Veggie Killer! And you won't be fighting weeds either.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #17
Official Plant Nerd

That reflections thread isn't a thread.... it's his journal. I sorta hate posting in folk's journals. Anywhooo.... it was another thread. I'll find it since I'm not so brain dead tonight. lower pixel rate!!! That's what we did to my camera.

hava> Noooooo.... it took me 3 afternoons to do that. I'm too old for 1 day crap. I'd blow my wad and hire someone before Ill commit hari kiri over compost.

NEBogger> 9 beds total!!! Dooooon't go for a greenhouse. That's my 2nd one.... the 1st one almost killed me within a coupla months of going up.... literally. It was made out of cedar with pine grow stations and was glass. It looked way more classy than this one but.... I found out I was hyper allergic to the cedar and pine and down it came after I passed out in it a few times. In its place rose this new aluminum framed poly greenhouse complete with surgical steel grow tables and racks on concrete. Doesn't matter that I'm not dying in it anymore since.... it's still been the worst investment I coulda ever made in my life and they are nothing but trouble no matter how much time you put into researching them. This year a boatload of mice got in again and fried the primary heater. That's like what.... the 3rd time I've had a fried circuit board? Someday when you're in the mood for a real good money pit story we can talk greenhouses.... until then go with cold frames or hoop houses or something that doesn't leave you with facial twitches and call it a day.

biig> I've got decent beds is all.... if there's a way to kill a veggie that somebody else hasn't found yet.... I'll be the one finding it.

Tags
error