Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
Too Wild To Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
the main problem I have is getting back to where the quote goes. copy url, back to WLG, then back to url to copy quote and then what?
I'm afraid I don't follow you. What exactly are you trying to do?
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
Official Plant Nerd

What does the button look like?

I don't see any smilies anywhere to the right of where I am typing.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
WG Writer

In order to get the text you want to quote you have to leave the site - go to the internet site that has the quote. You select/copy and then try to get back to WLG to insert the quote. Half the time I give up at that point. Where was I?
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
WG Facilitator

Or when you're typing, and realize you want smilies, click on "go advanced" below your message box, and voila! smilies appear to your right.

:eek:
Old 01-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
Too Wild To Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
In order to get the text you want to quote you have to leave the site - go to the internet site that has the quote. You select/copy and then try to get back to WLG to insert the quote. Half the time I give up at that point. Where was I?
Wait, are you not viewing wildlifegardeners.org from wildlifegardeners.org? Now I'm confused!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #16
Too Wild To Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by biigblueyes View Post
Or when you're typing, and realize you want smilies, click on "go advanced" below your message box, and voila! smilies appear to your right.

:eek:
Ah, right, silly me! You have to press the "quote" button OR use "go advanced" to get smilies.

Or, if you are a ninja, you can type in the smilie using the appropriate symbols. But if I tell you how to do that, I would have to kill you.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #17
Too Wild To Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
What does the button look like? . . .
The button is green and sits at the bottom-right of each post. If it isn't there, perhaps you are viewing the forum in some other mode that I am not familliar with?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoloniferous View Post
With the help of a word processor, you can copy and paste quotes from multiple people into a single post. You can even quote smilies!
Actually you don't need a word processor at all. This site provides a multi-quote feature that is immediately to the right of the quote feature. To multi-quote you just click on this feature from each post that you want to quote. The order that you click on each post determines the order in which it will appear in the multi-quotes.
MaggyNoLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #19
Fox

Example:

To quote from my previous post I clicked on the multi-quote button. It's the one to the right of the quote button with the parenthesis and the + below. The + changes to a - when you click on it.

Next, I clicked on the multi-quote button from the post by Stoloniferous. Now since I didn't want to quote any other posts I clicked on the quote button from the first multi-quote which was my own post and it opened the post editor with the two quotes already quoted. Once you have this you just insert your replies after the appropriate quote and it should appear as follows;

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggyNoLia View Post
Actually you don't need a word processor at all. This site provides a multi-quote feature that is immediately to the right of the quote feature. To multi-quote you just click on this feature from each post that you want to quote. The order that you click on each post determines the order in which it will appear in the multi-quotes.
I can answer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoloniferous View Post
The button is green and sits at the bottom-right of each post. If it isn't there, perhaps you are viewing the forum in some other mode that I am not familliar with?
I can answer here. I do want to say that depending on the various mode or color themes that you may be using these buttons may be in a different area. I am using the default green I think. No matter what the mode is though all these buttons should be somewhere on the thread and post itself.

I hope this helps.
MaggyNoLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #20
Too Wild To Garden

Quote:
. . .This site provides a multi-quote feature that is immediately to the right of the quote feature. . .
Quote:
. . .To quote from my previous post I clicked on the multi-quote button. . .
I'll be darned! Thanks!

Tags
feature